Uh ohh some bad happened to me in my 05 Navi

ballin

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was driving normal on a nice sunny day. I turned the corner, and my Navi stalls, and all power shuts off. I slowly cruised to a stop, and cranked the engine and it wouldn't start. Feeling stupid that my new Navi is not starting at the side of the road, I keep on cranking the engine.

I remember in the owners manuals reading about the FUEL pump circuit breaker is located in the rear next to the air suspension ON/OFF button. I opened the tailgate. Pushed and reset the circuit breaker. Cranked the engine and it started up. I was thinking this is not good if I was to tow a trailer. I called my local Lincoln dealer and they said this is not common.

My question to you guys is:
Has this ever happened to anyone with Late and early Navi?

Why did Ford install the fuel pump circuit breaker in the back for easy access? Did they know this is a common occurance and place it there for a resone?

Hasnt happened to me - and I've had 3 navi's in the Family now;

I think they installed it back there to keep it away from heat (instead of in the engine bay) and in a location your not likely to accidently hit the switch (like in the glove compartment) and because its current location is close to the fuel pump itself.

Another thought...

Joeychgo said:
Hasnt happened to me - and I've had 3 navi's in the Family now;

I think they installed it back there to keep it away from heat (instead of in the engine bay) and in a location your not likely to accidently hit the switch (like in the glove compartment) and because its current location is close to the fuel pump itself.

Its back there for convienience as well. If I am thinking of the correct thing its the same in my Crown Vic and my Grand Marquis, if you get hit it shuts off the fuel pump(which runs whenever the key is on). I think the theory is, if the accident is not serious enough to disable the vehicle totally you can reset the switch and drive it away.

Members online

No members online now.
Back