transmission trouble

bucketthead

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
my 95 tc tranny seems to slip n not wanna shift into 2nd n if i punch the gas it has a lil trouble down shiftin its been around 22,000 miles since i changed it what do u think i should do???
ive gotten a quote for rebuilding it around $350 he did my buddys tranny n he says he does god work is this a good price???

bucketthead said:
my 95 tc tranny seems to slip n not wanna shift into 2nd n if i punch the gas it has a lil trouble down shiftin its been around 22,000 miles since i changed it what do u think i should do???
ive gotten a quote for rebuilding it around $350 he did my buddys tranny n he says he does god work is this a good price???

Before you give it a death sentance, I'd check the adjustment of the kickdown linkage and change the fluid/filter. Be sure to look in the pan for any metal or anything else that doesn't belong there.

And $350 doesnt sound too bad to overhaul a transmission. I wish I could get the one in my S10 rebuilt for that price. Junkyard transmissions for that locally are $600, and a new one is $1400.

Members online

Back