towncar motormounts

Pepsi2185

LVC Mafia Henchman
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 4.6 litre and the 5.0 share same motor mount configuration. Say if i was to drop a 4.6 into an 89 tc would it fit. If not could i find motor mount adapters, or am i going to have to visit the welder?

Much appreciated

Big Joe

You could put a 4.6 into an older Towncar, but you are looking at a lot of issues, motor mounts being the least of them!

Thanks for the reply Josh,

I know the idea sounds retarted, but i was thinking of switching the 5.0 in an 89 to a 4.6 and changing the climate control, and guages all to the 96. Lots of custom work, and lots of fun. Just an idea i was toying with and wondered what you guys think.

im not worried about harness or conversions. I do a lot of my work as an electronics technician and the nitty gritty of tranferring harness and adaption into the old digital dash is nothing. If i need to i can make my own digital dash, but it is the mechanical which takes me some time. Im pretty sure that the transmission mounting is going to be different, but the rest should be pretty straightforward. The rear end mounting may be different and may need a set of custom headers but other than that . . . . .

Appreciate any input good or bad, im open to criticizm

Big Joe

Members online

No members online now.
Back