To clear or not to clear

loveLSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How many of you have your headlight's corner cleared?
I personally dont like the cleared look, wonder if Im the only one...
if you cleared the corner, do you use amber bulb?

Mine are cleared and love the look. I still have the amber bulb as i like the effect the refractor has when move close to, away from or side to side. Eventually I will get the silver bulb though.

I've been debating this same question. esp since i'm about to buy the angel eyes. I think i'm pretty certain i will stay with stock. What do you guys think? pics?

I use an amber bulb, with the orange lense removed - looks great!

This pic was only to show the eyebrows, and it was dirty - but you get the idea. Still has an orange look, but only reflected on the chrome. It isn't a solid orange color:

LS%20eyebrows%20002.jpg

I have the clear corner lens in mine. It makes a cleaner look than just removing the amber lens.

lsefoglights1.jpg

Kevin said:
I use an amber bulb, with the orange lense removed - looks great!

This pic was only to show the eyebrows, and it was dirty - but you get the idea. Still has an orange look, but only reflected on the chrome. It isn't a solid orange color:

LS%20eyebrows%20002.jpg

what is that stuff on the ground :) j/k. Nice photo.

Hey LoveLSE, Do what Ken did!!! That what I'm going to do to mine... It looks so much better than just the clear, I'm going to wait for myself to get some angel eyes before I reopen my headlights again..

BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LOOK!!!

Left my corners on because the headlights has water damage and the chrome reflecton on one headlight is very dull colored and looks aweful.
1.JPG

Noah, that's cocaine from a plane the DEA shot down - according to one of the guys from LLSOC :D.

That photo wasn't taken as a 'beauty' shot, and the car was filthy - but I appreciate the compliment.

I think that to appreciate the clear lense it'd have to be seen in person. I kinda prefer the 'naked' look, where you can see the actual bulb. Regardless, both options look much better than stock.

BTW, just to sway you - the orange light beam effect you get at night from the reflecting off the chrome background is really neat - it'll light up reflective signs 1/4 mile away just like headlights do.

Kevin said:
Noah, that's cocaine from a plane the DEA shot down - according to one of the guys from LLSOC :D.

That photo wasn't taken as a 'beauty' shot, and the car was filthy - but I appreciate the compliment.

I think that to appreciate the clear lense it'd have to be seen in person. I kinda prefer the 'naked' look, where you can see the actual bulb. Regardless, both options look much better than stock.

BTW, just to sway you - the orange light beam effect you get at night from the reflecting off the chrome background is really neat - it'll light up reflective signs 1/4 mile away just like headlights do.

Ha Ha! You can't tell the car is dirty at all. You are right about the light that is cast at night it almost look like a light saber from star wars.

thanks all.
that was very useful to know what you all think.
I'll have to look and see how cleared looks.
I do agree that Grey's clear lens is must tighter look than without the lens.
NICE! hmm... still thinking...

GrayGhost1 said:
I have the clear corner lens in mine. It makes a cleaner look than just removing the amber lens.

lsefoglights1.jpg

Hey quick question what are those gauges on the driverside you have two of them I'm just curious cause I've never seen that and plus I just purchased my 02 LS8 and I've never seen that

BIG CELO said:
Hey quick question what are those gauges on the driverside you have two of them I'm just curious cause I've never seen that and plus I just purchased my 02 LS8 and I've never seen that

http://www.lskoncepts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=POD-001
$45.99

A-pillar gauge pod... Designed and manufactured by Lincoln Auto-Works is the exclusive Dual A-pillar Gauge Pod for the 2000-2002 Lincoln LS. The A-pillar gauge pod is a full replacement pillar trim piece that will allow you to mount two 2 1/16th inch accessory gauges in an easy to read place. This will allow you to monitor crucial system functions, such as oil pressure, volts or amps, transmission temperature, etc. The choices are endless as you can install any electrical or mechanical gauge into the A-pillar pod.

Final piece will be shown as above, constructed out of durable black plastic which has a slight grain to it. The A-pillar may be finished as you choose, either by upholstering or dying (painting) the piece.

Includes the Dual A-Pillar Gauge Pod, mounting hardware and installation instructions. Gauges are not included.

BIG CELO said:
Thanks to Tina above on posting the dual A-pillar gauge pod. It's a gauge pod that is a direct replacement for the A-Pillar. It was specifically designed for the LS. I had mine painted to match the car and I put Faze Water Temp and Faze Oil Pressure gauges in. It's a pretty cool setup.

Ken

Clear is the way to go, once LSK gets in the clear corners, is when I am clearing my headlights. Nice ride Ken!

-Scott-

GrayGhost1 said:
Thanks to Tina above on posting the dual A-pillar gauge pod. It's a gauge pod that is a direct replacement for the A-Pillar. It was specifically designed for the LS. I had mine painted to match the car and I put Faze Water Temp and Faze Oil Pressure gauges in. It's a pretty cool setup.

Ken

Thanks luckieleo and Ghost1 for clearing that up for me and sending me the link I may just consider getting it installed in my car, Thank you both!! luckieleo@ :gr_hail:
and Ghost1 :gr_hail:

I cleared mine, and installed the silverstar turn signal. It looks either amber of blue depending on the angle, and removing the orange piece only causes a cool effect. The turn signal light actually illuminates the ground, like the headlights, except amber.

I have mine cleared, did them myself about 2 days after I bought the car, and today I smoked my side markers... I'll post a pic later..

You guys from Canada... snow on the ground, and the sun roof's open!! I love it!

Well it's either that or you're trying to catch a buzz from the DEA mishap...

Members online

No members online now.
Back