Tires for STS

Kenwood

LVC Member
Reaction score
Have had my 2002 STS since 7/05---and with 38,000 miles the original tires
( Goodyear Eagle RS-A) will soon need to be replaced...Anyone have a suggestion for a good "all-season" tire...

Thanks, KW

Yeah... I put Hankook Ventus ST RH06 on my STS... I have an '03 w/ 17" wheels. I think your '02 has 17" too...? This tire is amazing... Super Cool V design and High Performance Handling with ALL SEASON tracktion. Load rating is 101 which is higher then OEM on the STS. That leads to a very smooth ride. Tread rating of 420! Excellent handling and all season traction. Great tire for the Price... My tire guy did them for me @ $130/tire and that included Mount and Balance on Hunter GSP9700 Load Balancing machine!!
Let me know if your in Central NJ, I'll give you the name/number of my tire guys.

JC

Tires for STS---Jamler3

Thanks Jamler...I live in the Cinn. - Dayton OH area...Never heard of these tries---will "check them out"...Sounds like you got a great deal!
KW

Kenwood said:
Thanks Jamler...I live in the Cinn. - Dayton OH area...Never heard of these tries---will "check them out"...Sounds like you got a great deal!
KW

Yeah... Check them out... The size you'll need is 255/50/17...
Pic Below... Also reviews below on 1010 Tires... But they're price is a bit high!
http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Hankook&tiremodel=Ventus+ST+RH06

I'll post up a few pics of my STS with the new Chrome '02 17" DTS Wheels and these tires.
Car rides tight and handles even better... Don't know abou yours, but those OEM Michelin MX tires STUNK!
This tire has a nice sidewall that you'll really appreciate when taking corners, plus it looks killer!

Hankook Ventus ST RH06.jpg

I concure(surprised I didn't say I second that motion). BTW Jalmer3 its good to see you post. I have gotten good info from you but havn't seen you in awhile.

Puzzled about tire selection for STS

The time has come to replace my original tires...The Goodyear Eagle RS-A
are about done with 44,000 miles....
Would like something with a little better tread life and not so expensive....

Jamler recommended the Hankook Ventus but they are not easily found at our local stores...Someone suggested The Goodyear Assurance but the tri-tred are pretty expensive....Guess my question is---do I really need a "high performance" tire, or will an all season touring tire work for me....(Has anyone out there tried the Continental brand tires)...

Thanks,
KW

Goodyear Assurance triple treads are IMHO, the best all season tire ever made. I had them on my Seville, and driving in snow, the car felt like it was AWD. They are a quiet tire, have excellent snow ice and rain traction, and have a long tread life. The treadwear rating is in the 700's. I just wish that they would make them in 235/50/18. I e-mailed GY, asking them to make that size. They actually called me back (a surprise in itself) to tell me that there is no current plan to build them. Hopefully they will, for my sake.

Don

Triple Tred

Thanks Don: Consumer Report also gave them a high rating...I stopped at the
Cadillac dealer and asked them for a price on these tires and they said GY
didn't make them in my size (235-55-17)...Guess I'd better ask again...

KW

Members online

No members online now.
Back