Tire sizes

Motox

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So what size of tire you guys putting on 18”s….would like to go a little wider but I don’t want any issues with rubbing, just a nice size tire that fits good

786B3FEE-CDA1-46EB-8434-64BB7CE0A7C1.png

Right now stock 235/50/17
Had to buy new wheels and found a set of 18’s, just not sure of what tire size I want/need…..265/50/18?

Right now stock 235/50/17
Had to buy new wheels and found a set of 18’s, just not sure of what tire size I want/need…..265/50/18?
Nah, 265 is the width, you prolly want a 235\40\18, but id ask the tire shop, they'll get you the same overall height and width and you'll be good, just watch your offset, that's where you get in trouble usually.

Was wanting to go a little wider (265) but keep the sidewall height (50)for the ride, I’ll check some conversion tables, didn’t know who was running 18’s and wished they picked a different tire size

Was wanting to go a little wider (265) but keep the sidewall height (50)for the ride, I’ll check some conversion tables, didn’t know who was running 18’s and wished they picked a different tire size
There's a sticky thread on here with good tire size information threads linked but I think the forum upgrade fucked up all the links in all the sticky posts so you might have to do some searching for the thread title in the sticky and then you might be able to find it.

You would need to drop to a 45 or 40 series tire on those 18s, and the wider you go, the taller 50% of the tread width gets. I have some snows on my LS with a 60 series profile and they hit the wheel well liners and the car looks like a tank, on 16 in rims!

Members online

No members online now.
Back