Tire Road Noise

lifer@writeme.com

LVC Member
Reaction score
Got a beautiful 2004 LS V8 Ultimate in Triple White with every goodie known to man. On certain roads it is so quiet it wooshes down the road, even at 80-90 mph. No engine noise, no wind noise, so I know this can be a quiet car. However, on most concrete and asphalt roads there is a roar from the tire noise. As a shell-shocked Nam vet, I perfer quiet on the road.

Currently there seems to be only four tires available. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235/509WR17, Goodyear Eagle RS-A 235/50VR17, Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z 235/50ZR17, and the Firestone Firehawk LH 235/50VR17. Any recommendations to make this car maintain the superb handling and yet be more quiet?

lifer@writeme.com said:
Got a beautiful 2004 LS V8 Ultimate in Triple White with every goodie known to man. On certain roads it is so quiet it wooshes down the road, even at 80-90 mph. No engine noise, no wind noise, so I know this can be a quiet car. However, on most concrete and asphalt roads there is a roar from the tire noise. As a shell-shocked Nam vet, I perfer quiet on the road.

Currently there seems to be only four tires available. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235/509WR17, Goodyear Eagle RS-A 235/50VR17, Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z 235/50ZR17, and the Firestone Firehawk LH 235/50VR17. Any recommendations to make this car maintain the superb handling and yet be more quiet?

Try a 245/24/17 size. That is a factory approved optional size. There are also many tires available in that size. I'm running 245/24/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my LS, and Kumho ASX 255/55/16 on my wife's. Mine are quieter, but her's are much quieter than the stock Continentals.

Baby needs a quiet quad of shoes.

LS4me said:
Try a 245/24/17 size. That is a factory approved optional size. There are also many tires available in that size. I'm running 245/24/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my LS, and Kumho ASX 255/55/16 on my wife's. Mine are quieter, but her's are much quieter than the stock Continentals.

Appreciate the come-back. I will Google your suggestions and see if I can do something local. My current rubber has just 5K - maybe there is some trade value.

:L

pepperman said:
:W to :V post some pictures of your ride when you can. :cool:

This is a standard stock ride with a hand-applied fine dual black strip and darkened windows. If you get too fancy with a daily driver (except keeping it squeeky clean) thiefs want to have a piece of your property and you have to have the cops give you a lift home. So, nothing outstanding on the outside. In the 50's and 60's when everyone dragged on the street, we called this look "sleeper."

Since I buck traffic for an hour or more each way daily, I like my peace and quiet. That is why I asked about the tires.

Hey - what about Michelin HydroEdge, or Michelin Alpine PA2?

Lifer

:feedback

See The Tire Sites On The Www, They Have

RATINGS OF THE QUIETNESS OF TIRES AS WELL AS TREAD WEAR #s HEAT RESISTANCE #s AND TRACTION #s
lifer@writeme.com said:

Welcome to LvC and on behalf of my sister in law's father,Welcome home!
*edit* you've been a member since 2004 i'm sorry,just didn't post much eh?

Members online

No members online now.
Back