Tie Rod Installation?

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey how much would it cost for a front right tie rod installed??? mines all messed up since I got hit

I have no idea...call and ask. But I think I would replace the entire rack. If it hit hard enough to bend the tie rod, it can't be good on the rack. Buy a "long" rack (with tie rods) and install it yourself. Set the adjustments close enough to drive it and take it immediately to get an alignment.

Sparing the forum from a new thread and bringing this one from the dead! Lol
I just got new tires on my 2000 LS. They pointed out that both my left and right front outer tie rods needed replace and they definitely do, no doubt about it!
I asked to get a quote.
The guy went into the computer and selected "both left and right outer tie rods" under my vehicle. The summary of what it would cost comes up and for parts it shows 116.97 and $97 for labor. He then put the quantity of 2 next to parts.
It ended quoting for like $367 after taxes!?
This guy was new by the way, so I think he doesn't know how to use the compute system they have at firestone.

116.97 has to be the cost for both tie rods doesn't it!? Even that seems hight to me for both! When on rockauto the have them for $30 apiece.

And is $97 decent on the labor cost to replace them both?

Sparing the forum from a new thread and bringing this one from the dead! Lol
I just got new tires on my 2000 LS. They pointed out that both my left and right front outer tie rods needed replace and they definitely do, no doubt about it!
I asked to get a quote.
The guy went into the computer and selected "both left and right outer tie rods" under my vehicle. The summary of what it would cost comes up and for parts it shows 116.97 and $97 for labor. He then put the quantity of 2 next to parts.
It ended quoting for like $367 after taxes!?
This guy was new by the way, so I think he doesn't know how to use the compute system they have at firestone.

116.97 has to be the cost for both tie rods doesn't it!? Even that seems hight to me for both! When on rockauto the have them for $30 apiece.

And is $97 decent on the labor cost to replace them both?

Seems high for the parts. Reasonable labor. Does it include the alignment? Then it's a really good deal!

He says the tie rods are 116.97 EACH!
And the total would be $367.
And it's with a free alignment check, but I believe the the alignment will be around 40.

He says the tie rods are 116.97 EACH!
And the total would be $367.
And it's with a free alignment check, but I believe the the alignment will be around 40.

Get the the tie rods from Rock Auto. You WILL need an alignment.

Tie rods would be pretty easy to do yourself. Just get the tierods aprox. The same size as the old ones before installing then drive it to an alignment shop

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Members online

Back