throwing a GT airbox in my VIII (problems)

SC_Steve

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok... well I was bored over the weekend and decided to take out the air box and replace it with an 04 GT conical airbox a friend gave me a while back.

Now here is my problem. I took my MAF out along with the studs and it fit the GT air box totally fine. I just had to rig up a gasket to make it work.

now, the only other problem I have is that the stock rubber coming off the base of the tube wouldnt fit around the MAF correctly. So I went and cut it (I know... I'm regretting it now) and it worked, BUT then my hood wouldnt clear the airbox :bash: . The peice I cut isnt long enough to flex enough.

I need to find a piece of silicone or something that I can clamp to the MAF and intake tube.... but it also needs to be flexable so it will drop into the right place in the engine bay instead of going straight out (hence not leaving me enough room to close the hood).

I know I probably didn't explain this very good so I used this pic to try and explain it better. Not the best photoshop job, but it only took me like 2 mins to make it lol

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

So... any idea's? The car isn't being driven at the moment so it's not a big deal if I have to order anything.

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back