Thinking of getting an 2000 V8 LS...

wept

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've decided to go ahead and get a 2000 Linclon ls with a V8 :wrench :I
I'm looking for some help on finding parts for this vehicle...I tried google, and so far haven't come up with anything, perhaps somebody here could help me out? I'm looking for an aftermarket alternator, supercharger, pulley kit, and a chip. If anyone could help me locate\point me in the right direction to find these parts, I'd appreciate it alot. :)

Thanks!

P.S: This is a good purchase right? Any complaints from you owners out there?

Hey there. I have only had my 2000 LS V8 Sport for a week, but I love it! I too am looking for accessories, both performace and appearance. I will send over some info as I get it. This seems to be a pretty difficult car for accessories. But hey, it started off a lot better than most, IMHO.

wept said:
Hello all,

I've decided to go ahead and get a 2000 Linclon ls with a V8 :wrench :I
I'm looking for some help on finding parts for this vehicle...I tried google, and so far haven't come up with anything, perhaps somebody here could help me out? I'm looking for an aftermarket alternator, supercharger, pulley kit, and a chip. If anyone could help me locate\point me in the right direction to find these parts, I'd appreciate it alot. :)

Thanks!

P.S: This is a good purchase right? Any complaints from you owners out there?

At this time items like the supercharger are not readily available. Some companies claim to have one but none have shown any teeth. Once a supercharger becomes available for the LS I'll be first in line!

Indeed it seems to be hard to find parts, reason I'm here...I guess all late model ford alternators would bolt up though, right? :D

Wrong. Wrong indeed, the LS8 has a fairly unique motor. But it's not bolting up that's the problem, or the physcial supercharger that's the problem, it's the PCM. No one yet has cracked the PCM, therefore you can't compinsate the extra air from the supercharger/turbo with extra fuel, or different injectors. There are alot more problems accosiated, but that is the major one. The closest thing I've found was from SCT: http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/sct1-X.html But it doesn't even come close to what you'd need to tune with bigger injectors etc... The other thing is the motor is already at 10:1, or greated, I forgot exacts. Not to mention, who knows how anything in there would hold up to a SC, or turbo. I do recall someone, I think on this forum, doing a rear mounted turbo with about 3-5 psi successfully. But he had access to the dealer computers, and could watch just about every aspect of it to ensure safe tuning, and I don't believe it's installed anymore. Anyhow, SCT is supposibly working on a "flash" utility/program whatever you want to call it for the LS's PCM, I found it on another forum, I'll link it if I find it. Anyhow, Just my free 2 cents.

Mike

Michael55123 said:
Wrong. Wrong indeed, the LS8 has a fairly unique motor. But it's not bolting up that's the problem, or the physcial supercharger that's the problem, it's the PCM. No one yet has cracked the PCM, therefore you can't compinsate the extra air from the supercharger/turbo with extra fuel, or different injectors. There are alot more problems accosiated, but that is the major one. The closest thing I've found was from SCT: http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/sct1-X.html But it doesn't even come close to what you'd need to tune with bigger injectors etc... The other thing is the motor is already at 10:1, or greated, I forgot exacts. Not to mention, who knows how anything in there would hold up to a SC, or turbo. I do recall someone, I think on this forum, doing a rear mounted turbo with about 3-5 psi successfully. But he had access to the dealer computers, and could watch just about every aspect of it to ensure safe tuning, and I don't believe it's installed anymore. Anyhow, SCT is supposibly working on a "flash" utility/program whatever you want to call it for the LS's PCM, I found it on another forum, I'll link it if I find it. Anyhow, Just my free 2 cents.

Mike

Hi Mike. Actually LLSOC is working with a company that claims to have one running. They built one for a 2002 Ford T-bird and we all know what engine that has. Log onto LLSOC for more information.

I faxed my membership stuff in the other day, but haven't recieved a phone call yet. So I couldn't log in if I wanted to. Anyhow, do you have any links, or info? I'm VERY interested, as is everyone else.

Mike

There was a family emergency so you might not hear anything from them for a week or so. The link is on forums there.

Michael55123 said:

Mike

7psi

Members online

No members online now.
Back