Thermostat

fcb77

LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have what appears to be a thermostat problem. Blowing cold air, engine temp gauge way above the line. I haven't worked on cars since the late 70's... back before you needed a degree in computer engineering to fix them. Where the heck is the thing? I gave the engine a visual, expecting to find it where they used to be, under the radiator cap, maybe on the manifold, no luck. Help appreciated.

Frank

fcb77 said:
Greetings all,

I have what appears to be a thermostat problem. Blowing cold air, engine temp gauge way above the line. I haven't worked on cars since the late 70's... back before you needed a degree in computer engineering to fix them. Where the heck is the thing? I gave the engine a visual, expecting to find it where they used to be, under the radiator cap, maybe on the manifold, no luck. Help appreciated.

Frank

Theres a tech page here, check it out, the thermostat is outside the engine lower front right as your standing facing the eng comp. Its a real pain in the ass job to do if your not mechanically inclined. You gotta love the design people at Ford................NOT !!!!!

Cubster said:
Theres a tech page here, check it out, the thermostat is outside the engine lower front right as your standing facing the eng comp. Its a real pain in the ass job to do if your not mechanically inclined. You gotta love the design people at Ford................NOT !!!!!

Thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back