The Mark 3, back when marks were cool

LsUnV2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to show you guys my latest Lincoln. It's a Mark3 1971. Mint condition with 66k miles.

AF12_r611_03.jpg

Also have a 66 Continental sedan which is currently for sale

file.jpg

Very cool (both cars)! :cool: Unfortunately, "The Classics" forum on here doesn't see much action, but I always try to check it when I'm on, which isn't very often anymore. I love the old Lincolns and Cadillacs, but Marks especially. I fell in love with the Mark IV when I was just a kid, and was lucky enough to find and purchase a '72 (best year for the Mark IV, in my opinion; had the 1-year-only bodystyle with the small bumpers it was designed for, before the 5-MPH bumpers were federally mandated) for cheap back in 2001 when I was 15.

The '61-69 Continental has always been one of my favorites as well. Heck, who DOESN'T like the suicide-door Continentals? It's one of the few classic Lincolns that gets the respect it deserves from the general automotive community. Alot of "car guys" of my generation couldn't tell you what a '71 Mark III or a '72 Mark IV looks like, but almost everyone knows the 60's Continentals. You shouldn't have any problem finding a good home for it. Good luck with the sale and keep us posted on that Mark III! :Beer

Also, if you haven't already found this site, Automotive Mileposts is one of the best resources for these classic American luxury cars. I feel like I should work for them as much as I refer people to their site, but I stumbled across it way back in 1999 or 2000 when I was looking for information on the Mark IV and not having much luck finding it. Anyway, here's a link to the '71 Mark III page (I just checked and they also have a '66 Continental page as well now. At one time, they didn't cover much more than the Marks): http://automotivemileposts.com/mark31971selections.shtml

Members online

Back