The Case Against John F Kerry

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Go to www.kerryoniraq.com. Click on "Watch Now" and see how dangerous it will be for this guy to be President. You have to take a stand to run a country like the U.S. You can't equivocate. If you are wrong, admit it and re-adjust your position after explaining why you are changing your opinion. You simply cannot ride both sides of every issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkOfDeath said:
Hope better be on the way, lol

Lol thats kinda funny, these little short videos are silly, You can make anyone say about anything with little tid bits of speeches and what not. Its all taken out of context. Right after he says something that may seem stupid there might be a explanation, but if left off, it just seems stupid. I dont think anyone needs hope cause of this. Not many ppl are dumb enough not to know that.

Punisher said:
Lol thats kinda funny, these little short videos are silly, You can make anyone say about anything with little tid bits of speeches and what not. Its all taken out of context. Right after he says something that may seem stupid there might be a explanation, but if left off, it just seems stupid. I dont think anyone needs hope cause of this. Not many ppl are dumb enough not to know that.

I agree that editing can make someone appear stupid, but Kerry was not speaking out of context. He was answering direct questions. IMO, he doesn't seem stupid to me at all. He's just doing whatever it takes to keep the Democratic Party happy so that he can get elected, which some may argue that all candidates do that. I disagree with that, though, because other candidates did not bend on their personal beliefs and didn't back down when asked about them even if the majority opposed that viewpoint. I personally would have liked to see some other candidate win the Democratic Party's nomination, but you got Kerry. Maybe you want someone who will be swayed by the majority in every situation, but that's reactionary in nature and not visionary. His actions have yet to show me that he is up to leading the most powerful country in the world and keeping us there.

History is filled with great leaders who went against popular opinion or was wrongfully blamed for the ails of their country only to be voted out of office. Winston Churchill is one of those. I believe George Bush Sr. was one as well, but his recant on "no new taxes" did him in. George Jr. may fall into this category, too, but his lack of oratory talent is a detriment to his popular appeal. Again, this is my opinion.

In fairness, if Kerry is voted in as president, I will give him a honeymoon period to prove himself worthy. We'll see . . . :Beer

Here is an interesting letter sent to Kerry... Kerry trots out 10 guys at his convention, notice how many sign this letter. I think that speaks volumes.

Swift Veterans Letter to John Kerry Author: Dated: Tuesday, May 04 2004 @ 10:00 PM PDT Viewed: 20497 times topic_news.gif Senator Kerry,

We write from our common heritage as veterans of duty aboard Swift Boats in the Vietnam War. Indeed, you should note that a substantial number of those men who served directly with you during your four month tour in Vietnam have signed this letter.

It is our collective judgment that, upon your return from Vietnam, you grossly and knowingly distorted the conduct of the American soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen of that war (including a betrayal of many of us, without regard for the danger your actions caused us). Further, we believe that you have withheld and/or distorted material facts as to your own conduct in this war.

We believe you continue this conduct today, albeit by changing from an anti-war to a "war hero" status. You now seek to clad yourself in the very medals that you disdainfully threw away in the early years of your political career. In the process, we believe you continue a deception as to your own conduct through such tactics as the disclosure of only carefully screened portions of your military records. Both then and now, we have concluded that you have deceived the public, and in the process have betrayed honorable men, to further your personal political goals.

Your conduct is such as to raise substantive concerns as to your honesty and your ability to serve, as you currently seek, as Commander-in-Chief of the military services.

It is vital that the American public have as much information as possible about candidates for President of the United States. In various ways, you have rightly called upon President Bush to be fully accountable and to provide full disclosure. In the same spirit, now that you are the presumptive nominee of your Party, we believe it is incumbent upon you to make your total military record open to the American people.

Specifically, we the undersigned formally request that you authorize the Department of the Navy to independently release your military records (through your execution of Standard Form 180), complete and unaltered, including your military medical records. Further, we call upon you to correct the misconceptions your campaign seeks to create as to your conduct while in Vietnam. Permit the American public the opportunity to assess your military performance upon the record, and not upon campaign rhetoric.

Senator Kerry, we were there. We know the truth. We have been silent long enough. The stakes are too great, not only for America in general but, most importantly, for those who have followed us into service in Iraq and Afghanistan. We call upon you to provide a full, accurate accounting of your conduct in Vietnam.

Respectfully,

Daniel Aguilar, OSC, USNR-R
Pat Alexander
Roy Alexander*
Robert Anderson, EN2, USN (Ret.)
Kenneth J. Andrews, Lt.*
Arturo Arias, QM2, USN (Ret.)
Daniel V. Armstrong, BM2*
Douglas Armstrong, Capt., USN (Ret.)
Harry Ball, Cdr., USN (Ret.)
Ray Lewis Ballew*
Sonny Barber, USN (Ret.)
John Bare
Alexander Bass*
George "M." Bates*
Richard Beers*
Paul L. Bennett, Cdr., USN*
Edward J. “Lord Mort” Bergin, Capt., USNR (Ret.)*
Henry “Buddy” Berman, QM2*
Herb Blume, Lt.
Barry Bogart, EN2*
Bob Bolger Cdr., USN* (Ret.)
M.T. Boone*
Benny Booth
David Borden*
Carl Bowman
Vern Boyd*
David M. Bradley, LCdr.*
Robert Bradley, Lt. USNR - inactive
Robert “Friar Tuck” Brant, Cdr. USN (Ret.)*
Kenneth Briggs*
Carlyle J. Brown, EN2*
Donald Brown, RD3
Kenneth "Buck" Buchholz, GMM3*
Michael C. Burton
Tom Burton
Joe Cahill, Jr., Lt.*
Jack L. Carlson, Lt., USNR*
James Carter
Billy Carwile, EN3*
Virgil Chambers, RD3
Jack Chenoweth, Capt., USNR, (Ret.)*
William Colgan, RD3*
Bill Collins*
Daniel K. Corbett, Lt., USNR*
James M. Corrigan, QM3*
Terry Cosstello, Capt., USN (Ret.)*
Tom Costarino
Toi Dang, GM3
John H. Davis, Lt.*
William K. Daybert,Cdr.*
James Deal*
Richard Dodson, Capt., USN (Ret.)
John Dooley, Cdr., USN (Ret.)*
Dale Duffield, CWO USN (Ret.)*
Robert G. Elder, Lt.*
George M. Elliott, Capt. USNR (Ret.)*
Bill Eshelman
Claude Farmer, Cdr., USNR (Ret.)
Michael Fasold
William Ferris, Capt., USNR (Ret.)
Wallace Benjamin Foreman, QM1, USN (Ret.)*
William T. Ferris, Capt. USNR (Ret.)*
James Foster, GMG1, USN (Ret.)
William E. Franke, Lt.jg*
Robert L. Franson, BMCS (SW)*
Alfred J. French, III, Capt., JAGC, USNR (Ret.)*
Paul F. Fulcomer, RD3*
Ray Fuller, GMG3*
Steve Fulton, Cdr., USN (Ret.)*
Mike Gann, Capt., USNR (Ret.)*
Steve Gardner*
Bill Garlow*
Les Garrett*
Tony Gisclair, BOSN2*
Robert Gnau, QM2*
Donald Goldberg*
Morton Golde, Cdr. USN (Ret.)*
Kenneth Golden*
Gerald L. Good, Lt. USN*
Roy Graham
John C. Graves*
Charles E. Green, ENCM, USN (Ret.)*
Dennis L. Green, GMG*
H.C. Griffin, Jr., Lt. USNR*
I.B.S. (Boyd) Groves, Jr.*
Charles R. Grutzius, Capt. USNR (Ret.)*
F.L. Skip "Mustang Sally" Gunther, Lt. USN*
Bill Halpin, Lt. USNR (Ret.)*
Don C. Hammer, Lt.*
Rock Harmon*
Keith C. Harris, RD2*
Stewart M. Harris, Lt., USN*
Stirlin Harris, BM2*
Gene Hart, RD3*
Bob Hastings*
Curt Hatler*
John Hecker, RD3*
Chuck Herman, RD3*
Raul Herrera*
Tom Herritage*
Grant "Skip" Hibbard*
Bill Hickey
Rocky Hildreth*
Gary Hite
Jim Hoffmann, RD3
Roy Hoffmann, Adm., USN (Ret.)*
William P. Holden, Capt., USN (Ret.)*
Wayland Holloway, Lt. USNR*
Duane Holman, QM2
Robert Hooke, Lt.*
Bill Hoole
Andy Horne*
John Howell*
Warren Hudson*
Charles W. Hunt, EN3*
Robert Hunt*
Gail E. "Ike" Ikerd, Cdr. (Ret.)*
Bert Jeffries, QM3
Richard Jenkins
John Paul Jones, QM3*
Tom Jones*
Eddie Kajioka ENCS, USN (Ret.)*
John L. Kipp, Cdr., USN (Ret.)*
Thomas H. Klemash*
Kenneth Knipple, EN1*
Robert Koger, QM2*
Mike Kovanen, RD3*
Bob Kreyer, GMG2*
Jack K. Lane, GMG3*
William T. Langham*
William Lannom*
Alan Lapat
Joseph R. Lavoie, II CWO2 (BOSN), USN (Ret.)*
Louis Letson, LCdr., USN (Ret.)*
Jim Madden, RD3*
William S. Mann, Jr., Lt.jg*
Jim Marohn, GMG3*
Douglas Martin, Lt. USNR*
Tom Mason, Lt.*
Donald Matras, EN2 (Ret.)*
Thomas Mason, Lt.*
Louis Masterson*
Donald Matras, EN3
Richard McFarland, Lt. USNR*
Kenneth B. McGhee*
James McNeal, ENC*
Errol Meleander, Cdr., USN (Ret.)*
Jack Merkley, Lt.*
James M. Miller*
John Miller, ENC (Ret.)
Martin Miller, ENC (Ret.)*
Marc Milligan, GMG2*
Benjamin A. Montoya, QM3*
Edward Morgan, Capt. USN*
Edgar (Ed) M. Morrill, Jr.*
Tom Morrill, EN3*
Wayne H. Moser*
Kurt Moss, Lt. J.G.*
Frank Mueller*
Marc Milligan, GMG2*
Ed Mundy*
Van Odell, GMG1
Richard Olsen, Lt.*
Richard O'Mara, RD2, USN
John O'Neill, Lt., USN, (Ret.)*
Albert Owens*
Tedd Peck, Capt. USNR (Ret.)*
James Penkert, ENC
Thomas Petersik
Robert Phalen, GMG2*
Charles Plumley*
Joseph L. Ponder, GMG-2, USN (Ret.)*
Chuck Rabel*
Bob Reller
Steve Renfro, RD3, USN (Ret.)
Frank Rockwell
Bill Rogers, Lt.*
Patrick Sage GMG3*
Gary W. Sallee, BM2*
Burke Salsi, RD2
Joe Sandoval, GMG3*
Jimmy W. Sanford, RD3*
Robert Scattergood*
Jim Schneider, EN2*
Clair J. (Pete) Schrodt, Capt. USN (Ret.)*
Jack Shamley*
Patrick Sheedy, Cdr., USN (Ret.)*
Paul Shepherd, QM2*
Robert B. Shirley, Lt.jg*
William Shumadine*
Stanley G. Simonson, GMG2*
John Singleton, ENC
Darryl Skuce, GMG2*
John J. Skura*
Gerald H. Smith*
Bob Smith, GMG2
Gerald Smith
Roy Smith*
B. Tony Snesko BM2*
Mike Solhaug*
Dennis Spranger
Jack Spratt, LCDR*
David R. Stefferud, Capt., USN (Ret.)*
James Steffes*
Fred E. Stith, USN (Ret.)*
Lawrence Stoneberg, Lt. USN (Ret.)*
Weymouth Symmes, RDM*
Tony Taylor
W.P. "Sonny" Taylor*
Dewey Thedford
James P. Thomas*
Eldon Thompson, Lt.jg*
Larry Thurlow, Lt.jg
Joseph Timmons, RD3, USN
Charles R. Tinstman, ENC*
Gary E. Townsend*
William F. Trainer*
Michael Turley, BM2*
Chris J. Vedborg, RD3*
Jeffrey M. Wainscott, Lt.jg*
David Wallace*
Greg Ward, EN2*
Larry J. “Waz” Wasikowski, Cdr. U.S. Naval Reserve*
Pete Webster*
Robert T. Wedge, Jr., QM1, USN (Ret.)*
Steven Weekley, GMG, QM3*
George Wendell, En1, USN (Ret.)
Bruce Wentworth, Lt., USNR
George H. White, II*
R. Shelton White, Lt.*
Gary K. Whittington, EN3*
James D. Wiggins*
Tom Wilkins
Thomas A. Withey, Lt.*
Bernard Wolff*
Thomas W. Wright, Cdr., USN (Ret.)*
John Wyatt, GMG*
John Yeoman, Lt.*

Ex Officio (other military):

Ross Barker, Capt. USN (Ret.)
Joe Cantrell, Lt.jg, USNR
Allan Clapp, ETR3, USN
George Clatterbuck, CMSgt. USAF, Ret.
Tony DeLuna
David Desiderio, Cdr., USCG (Ret.)
Verne DeWitt, MR1
Jim Fitzgerald
Monte Gluck
Don Higgins
Larry Hobson
Robert Johnson
Walter Jones, USMC
Adrian Lonsdale, Capt., USCG (Ret.)
David P. Marion, CPT Infantry, US Army*
Larry Meyer*
Benjamin A. Montoya, QM3*
Denny O'Brien
Cordelia Ogrinz, in memory of her brother Alexander J. Ogrinz, III, Lt.*
Rex Rectanus, VADM, USN (Ret.)*
Skip Ridley*
Jennings Rogerson II, Capt. USMC* (Ret.)
John Slagle, Special agent, USBP (Ret.)
Patrick Stevenson, Army Special Forces (Ret.)
Emmett Tidd, Vice Admiral, USN, (Ret.)*
Steve Watts, Army
Dennis D. Willess, EN3, Army Infantry*
Raymond Wroten, SSgt., USMC (Ret.)
James M. Zumwalt in memory of Elmo Zumwalt, Sr. and Elmo Zumwalt, Jr, his father and brother* ---------- * = signed original letter, presented May 4, 2004

What most people fail to recognize is that Bush chooses not to answer unjust, negative attacks against him. As a result, some take this as an admission of guilt. But according to those that have worked on his staff, Bush is the type that takes the high road. He is confident that the truth will prevail, without him blowing his own horn or tearing down his opponent with accusations, whether true or false.

The facts speak for themselves: Bush did the right thing in Iraq, and is now being vilified by many who supported him in order to further their political careers or agendas. What a bunch of back-stabbers.

There will have been over 100 books printed attacking George Bush. Unprecidented in American politics to do that to a sitting President and quite shameful. A couple conservative talk radio guys criticized the Bush supporters for shouting during Kerry's speech in Milwaukee. That is the tactic liberals use every day. A conservative cannot speak on any major American campus without being shouted down. In my opinion, it is time to treat them to the same medicine because they will never stop doing it. Wait till you see how they act during the Republican convention. The press will be all over. Only 4 arrests made during the Democratic convention. There will be thousands during the Republican convention. And who is considered the tolerant group. Simply shameful we cannot have a debate on the merits. Liberals know they can't win a discussion so they attack.

I still see people quoting that Kerry has a great plan for the country. I have to laugh at the ignorance because he hasn't revealed a plan and says he won't till AFTER the election. Unbelieveable.

Some of John Kerry's accomplishments

1. Massachusetts Telecommunications Council "Policy Maker of the Year"
2. NAM Vets of Cape Cod and Islands Award For Significant and Exemplary Support Rendered To Veterans of This Country and of the Cape and Islands
3. John W. McCormick Award for Public Service

1. June 21, 2002
Parents for Residential Reform, Mass Families Organizing for Change and the Federation for Children with Special Needs presented The Powerful Friend Recognition Award to Senator Kerry "for his outstanding leadership and national voice on behalf of children with disabilities and their families".
2. Visiting Nurse Association of America's "Legislator of the Year"
3. Gerry Studds Stewardship Award from the Boston Harbor Island Alliance for his work to preserve the Boston Harbor Islands
4. Institute of International Education's "Steven P. Duggan Award for International Understanding" for lifetime achievement in public service and leadership in the U.S. Senate

1. Massachusetts Association of Home Health Care's "Legislator of the Year"
2. American Jewish Committee's "Congressional Leadership Award" for efforts on religious freedom in the workplace

1. Friends of the Public Garden's "Henry Lee Award" for efforts to preserve Boston's green spaces

1. "Zero to Three" Association's "Achievement Award" for work on early childhood development issues
2. Association for Enterprise's "Leadership Award" for leadership on the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
3. Assumption College's "Presidential Medal"

1. National Health Association's "Legislator of the Year Award" for support of expanded child care and attention for at-risk children. Sponsored 1997 Early Childhood Development Act

1. Armenian Assembly of America's Award for service and commitment to the Armenian people. John Kerry was co-sponsor of Humanitarian Aid Corridor Act, providing aid to Armenia and other nations
2. Time Magazine's "Honest Man in Politics Award" f or being only Senator up for reelection in 1996 to vote against Defense of Marriage Act

1. Environmental Business Council Paul Keogh Award June 9, 1995 for distinguished commitment to environmental industries

1. Tri-Community Chamber of Commerce George B. Wells Award December 7, 1993 for leadership in tourism

1. Minority Business Enterprise Legal Defense Fund "Minority Business Development Trendsetter of the Year" June 17, 1990
2. SMU Labor Education Center Arnold M. Dubin Award November 15, 1990 for outstanding contributions to the causes of labor and social justice

1. League of Conservation Voters Award honored for having one of the best For environmental voting record over previous 5 years

1. Commencement speaker for Umass/Boston 20th Commencement UMass Boston Honorary Degree
2. Brockton Little League's "Appreciation Award" March 7, 1988 for work with special needs division

1. B'nai Brith Council of Greater Boston's "Man of the Year"

1. National Committee for a Sane Nuclear Policy Award honored JK at a reception at the Boston Center for Adult Education

I am sorry to keep posting on this but the more I look into it, the angrier I am getting. How can people support this guy Kerry? I don't care what Bush has done at this point. As far as i am concerned, he could do anything he wanted and I still wouldn't vote for a guy like this. Kerry is a disgrace to America.

From another website..

An Insult To All Marines

The picture on the cover of John Kerry's book The New Soldier resembles the scene depicted in that famous photo of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi. I believe that VVAW and Kerry were deliberately mocking that symbolically important event. It is apparent that the most beloved and reproduced photograph in American history - one that helped inspire our soldiers, sailors and Marines to victory in a tough campaign for our very existence and can now be found in every Marine Corps boot classroom - never made much of an impression on John Kerry, and that is still true to this day. If not, he would have apologized for such a grave insult to his country, to all who fought in WW2, and to all United States Marines. I call on all veterans, but especially ALL Marines, to avenge this insult by ensuring that John Kerry not only loses in November, but loses so badly that his political career is destroyed. That's my mission; how about you? Semper Fi! Walt (USMC ’65-’69)

TNS_Dustjacket.jpg

MonsterMark said:
...... The press will be all over. Only 4 arrests made during the Democratic convention. There will be thousands during the Republican convention. And who is considered the tolerant group.

Tolerant, eh? Is including the term "F'in" in the title of this thread your idea of "tolerance"?

:bsflag:

The title was supposed to be provocative, funny, etc. No problem, I'll change it so as to not offend anyone. I find myself very tolerant, only very disturbed that what is turning up now about this guy will be overlooked by many in this country when the elections come in November.

The joke with the middle initial is just because Kerry's initials are JFK, therefore, he thinks he is JFK and believe me, this guy is no JFK.

I am sorry to keep posting on this but the more I look into it, the angrier I am getting. How can people support this guy Kerry? I don't care what Bush has done at this point. As far as i am concerned, he could do anything he wanted and I still wouldn't vote for a guy like this. Kerry is a disgrace to America.

This is the same close minded thinking that ppl were complaining about Kerry supporters for. As you can see it also goes both ways. There will always be some very ignorant people. Hopefully most are not though.

I got to thinking last night as I watched "The Reagans" (the movie that was suppose to air on CBS but was cancelled due to controversy)

There was a part when in the campaign for the 1980 election, in a debate with Pres Carter, Ronald Reagan asked the people if they were better off today then they were 4 years ago.

I ask this question again. Are we better off as a nation then we were 4 years ago?

Is the economy better?
Is the US' fiscal health better?
Are we safer?
Are we more respected in the world?
Are our citizens' more employed?
Are our citizens' more secure in their jobs?
Are we happier as a nation?

In 1980 I answered - NO -

in 2004 I answer -NO-

Facts are facts. for 4 years the economy has been terrible. Unemployment has been terrible. We have a deficit now when we had a surplus in 2000. People dont feel secure in their jobs. People aren't happy in their jobs and cant change cause there are no new jobs to change to. The world looks at us with disdain and hatred. We aren't a happy people.

Bush seems to have only convinced us that we have to be these heavy handed people in the world theatre. The whole attitude seems to be "Do it our way, right now, or your our enemy"

There have been scandals..... The torture of Iraqi prisoners, Halliburten overcharging us for oil after getting a No Bid Contract for Iraq. (Dick Cheny's the former CEO. Of course, Enron. (Ken Lay is a close friend of the Bush family) And the fruitless search for WMD.

Is this all Bush's doing? Probably not.

But what has he done positive for our nation?

What has he done sucessfully? What has he accomplished?

Maybe i'm missing it, but I dont see anything Bush accopmplished besides point on a map to Afganastian and Iraq and ordered our military to invade.

Someone please explain to me what Bush has done in the last 4 years to deserve my vote?

:Bang

Joeychgo said:
I got to thinking last night as I watched "The Reagans" (the movie that was suppose to air on CBS but was cancelled due to controversy)

There was a part when in the campaign for the 1980 election, in a debate with Pres Carter, Ronald Reagan asked the people if they were better off today then they were 4 years ago.

I ask this question again. Are we better off as a nation then we were 4 years ago? Emphatically YES.

Is the economy better? YES. It is more well rounded and less dependant on one sector (tech) as it was in the '90's. Car sales' rates at an all time high of 17,500,000 per year. Record home ownership percentages. Super low interest rates, super low inflation rates.

Is the US' fiscal health better? YES, GDP is way up. The Stock market rebounded and 401k's are filling back up. People are feeling better about themselves and more secure.

Are we safer? Not yet,. Realize we will never be truly safe again. All we can do is be on our guard. But look, we haven't had a single attack since 9/11. How many attacks did we have when Clinton was in office? Trade center, Cole, Mogadishu, etc.

Are we more respected in the world? YES, by everybody but the French and Germans who wanted to keep their oil contracts with Hussein intact. The rest of the world now knows we have balls and will come to their aid when needed and that we will do what we say.

Are our citizens' more employed? Unemploment rate during Clinton presidency (5.6%), now 5.5% and the population has grown.

Are our citizens' more secure in their jobs? Not if you are a $8/hr, 40/hr/wk factory worker. We have to change the education system in this country so people can create a skill set to compete with other nations. The global economy has caught up to us. It is time for us to make the next leap forward by retraining displaced workers or convince people to pay more for American made products, which people simply will not do. We are our own worst enemy when it come to losing jobs. People will not pay more for a comparably-made product, even if it is Made in America. Change that mindset and you begin to address the problem of outsourcing..

Are we happier as a nation? YES, everybody except for the Gore supporters who still can't get over the fact that they lost the 2000 election.

In 1980 I answered - NO - I answered No to Jimmy Carter.

in 2004 I answer -NO- I will answer YES to George Bush. Strong leadership, strong fiscal policy. The airlines are almost back to pre-9/11 levels. I never would have thought that possible.

Facts are facts. for 4 years the economy has been terrible. The fact is, we have had tremendous growth the last 2 years after getting out of Clinton's recession. Stock market has been way up. Parking lots at shopping malls are brimming with people. Even with high gas prices, people are driving more.

Unemployment has been terrible. Sure, people have lost jobs. Uneducated workers in America will suffer the most because those tasks can be easily performed for way, way less overseas, with the quality being at par with the work done here.

We have a deficit now when we had a surplus in 2000. Come on. we had a treasury that was filled with IOU's from wildly inflated portfolios and then the market crashed, (before Bush took office). That helped caused the deficit. So did 9/11. Do people really have that short of memories? The deficit is very manageable as a % of our GDP. That should be the measurement. Not a number that sounds huge. Put it in percentage terms and compare it over the last several decades, you will be surprised.

People dont feel secure in their jobs. People aren't happy in their jobs and cant change cause there are no new jobs to change to. The world looks at us with disdain and hatred. We aren't a happy people. Hopefully enough of us representing 270 electoral votes will continue to be happy and that is why we are voting for Bush. For continued optimism. For hope. For a better, freer, safer world for our kids to grow up in. For a democratic Middle East.

Bush seems to have only convinced us that we have to be these heavy handed people in the world theatre. The whole attitude seems to be "Do it our way, right now, or your our enemy". Wrong, he says, join us in our attempts to make this world a safer place, but understand, if you do not support us, we will do it without you.

There have been scandals..... The torture of Iraqi prisoners, (Did Bush sign an an executive order telling these few handful of soldiers to do this? Is that what you are saying?)

Halliburten overcharging us for oil after getting a No Bid Contract for Iraq. Halliburton was the only company qualified to do the work. Period.

(Dick Cheny's the former CEO. Of course, Enron. (Ken Lay is a close friend of the Bush family). Stop watching Michael Moore. Everybody that has interviewed and challenged him has humiliated him, including Ted Kopple.

And the fruitless search for WMD. Look to Iran and Syria and you will find the weapons. Or do you now argue that they never existed? Do you want to see the quotes from Clinton and Kerry and half the Democratic leadership that says they existed? Don't forget, there is alot of sand out there to bury things in.

Is this all Bush's doing? Probably not. Thank you!

But what has he done positive for our nation? I'll start on the book.

What has he done sucessfully? What has he accomplished? I'll take some time and list them all and then I will list all the things that the Democrats have stonewalled. Give me some time on this.

Maybe i'm missing it, but I dont see anything Bush accopmplished besides point on a map to Afganastian and Iraq and ordered our military to invade.

Someone please explain to me what Bush has done in the last 4 years to deserve my vote? I will. I only ask that you have an open mind and be willing to accept the truth, not as laid out by the media, but as how things have actually occurred.

:Bang

"Sure, people have lost jobs. Uneducated workers in America will suffer the most because those tasks can be easily performed for way, way less overseas, with the quality being at par with the work done here."

I gotta pick at this. My dad has an MSEE from NYU and a BSEE from Bradley University and his job is going to India. He is not uneducated, it's just that our whole house of cards is crumbling. America has such inflated values for everything that in this emerging global workforce/economy, plus the capitalist short-sided view that pervades most American businesses, we're looking into a very dire situation unless something gets fixed.

Any work you can do, some guy in India/Russia/China is VERY willing to do for $5,000/yr or less. I kid you not. If you don't think your job is vulnerable to that, just wait until the only people left in America with any money are managers. Then watch as India and China figure out they don't need America at all anymore. The only reason business stay here is because they get massive tax breaks plus the defense of the US gov't and our VERY pro-business laws.

I agree outsourcing is happening in all sectors but in the services industry you mention, most companies are finding out that in the long run, the incremental savings companies enjoy are more than offset by the loss of customer satisfaction experienced by their customers, which result in losses, so they are bringing that work back here.

Let's face it, our standard of living may deteriorate as we are confronted by the global economy. That is why this country need to invest, invest, invest in the entrepenurial parts of the economy. That is where the better paying jobs are going to be.

Not everything can be outsourced, but I am saying we will all be out of the commodity business very soon so we have to learn to create valued added services if we want to maintain our standard of living going forward.

If you hold a job that is not value added, (ie: anybody can do it), then your prospects are probably not as bright as someone who can demonstrate that the company is less valuable without them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back