Thanks for the advice on 04 trans

pedaltothemetalgirl

LVC Member
Reaction score
Thanks LS forums! Thought you'd like to know your advice was really useful!

I test drove an 04 V8 with 26K mi recently. Took it on and off fwy several times; it seemed to have some unexpected harsh shifting about half the time on acceleration on onramps.
I told the dealer I'd feel better if they checked the trans.
I remembered reading on this forum about the Customer Satisfaction Program - and thanks to Pete 2004 LS V6 & mak_nyc who posted the transmissions that it applied to - so when the dealer called the next day and said the trans was fine, no problem, I gave him the Customer Satisfaction Program number and the transmission numbers that were posted on this site.
He called back two days later and said that he'd made the service manager go out over the same territory that we'd driven and then the service manager experienced the same harsh shifting (ah ha! told them it wasn't me), so they looked into the CSP and fixed it.

2004 Transmission probs.

Help. I have a 2004 LS with the same problem(24000 miles).
You mentioned a web site with the transmissionn numbers?
Can I get that info?
Thanks.

Lemon Law I tell Ya

Guys, I posted a few months ago about my lemon law claim. I'm still waiting for Ford to make a decision on this. They had me mount a Flight Recorder in the car and press a button everytime the car acted up. They tell me that three (3) of their top mechanics at three (3) different dealers can't find a problem, but the car bucks, shifts hard, sometimes seems unsure during acceleration.

My only next step is to place the claim through NYS Arbitration. :mad: I tried to give Ford a chance, but I'm still getting a runaround.

I asked others on this site to send me copies of their service tickets to support my effort, but no one has come forward :( . I could really use some help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back