System overhual

jmtiseo

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
04' Lincoln LS

Hey yall, 'nother speaker suggestion thread right? Well I searched to find one like this. If someone produces a link I'll delete.

I was thinking about redoing my system. Currently all stock except for 2 Image Dynamics ID 12's on a hooked up to a no name amp and pounding in a 4 cu. ft. box.

Reciever - Pioneer AVH4300
Doors - Pioneer-TS-D6802R (6x8's)
Rear Deck - Pioneer-TS-D6902R (6x9's)
Amp - Kicker ZX 1000.1 or HiFonics Brutus 1200.1
Subs - 2 RE Audio SEX 12's or 1 Image Dynamic ID MAX 12

My main question is about possibly wiring component speakers. I assume that the doors, if I go with just 6x8's, are plug and play with the adapters. I read that the components give better sound, are they difficult to wire up? I'm guessing that all I would do is find a place to mount the tweeters and crossover, then wire them to a 4 channel amp that can put out the RMS of the speakers correct?

Next, 6x9's will drop into the rear deck I read. Will I be able to plug them into the little amp that is back there or will I need to wire them differently?

Sonicelectronix? or find a local place to order them in?

Lastly I'm pretty much set on the amp and subs. I'm just trying to decide on a one speaker set up or two. Leaning more towards the 1 ID Max for a little more trunk space and easier box build. I believe the kicker amps are much better than the HiFonics, but I'm new to this and that opinion is based off what I've seen my brother do. Suggestions on an amp that will last or did I pick a couple good ones above?

Not a complete over haul since I'm not touching the center channel.

I'd like to do this within the next 6 months so I'm looking to get the ball rolling. Only a couple more days till she's up on jack stands for my lovely lower control arm picture shoot and fiasco.

Good equipment so far... I'd however keep your id's and see what they sound like on a good amp before you toss em/buy diff ones. A 4ch is always going to sound better if you go with a/m speakers. Just depends on what you want. I however am happy with the way my 6.5 cadence comp's sound on my 3200dvd. Could they sound awesome amp'd? Sure..But their good enough for me as-is.

As for where you purchase thats up to you. I try to find the cheapest/best warranty/reputation..

Wow thanks for the quick reply, I saw someone posted on here last was back in June and I was a bit nervous on having to wait two months for a reply.

The RMS on the Id's isn't much (I think about 250) each and I'm pretty sure I'm at there max. I know the amp I have now is complete garbage, the thing feels like it's about ready to melt, I'm pretty sure I'm only drawing about 4-500 watts from it too. I'm looking to get more bang with less space, so that's why I'm liking the one sub idea that I have going on.

I'd probably be content on just wiring them to the head unit. I've never wired an amp to the speakers before but i'm sure it can't be too complicated. In the end I'll probably just end up dropping in 6x8's in the doors for simplicity and then 6x9s in the rear.

Just trying to balance my options. Any input on wiring 6x9's to the stock amp they have back there. I don't think it's just plug and play.

I'd suggest just to copy and paste what you wrote and put it in the ls forum. It's acceptable 95% of the time as long as it has to do w/ a ls.. These types of areas on lvc get very little traffic.The only reason I replied is cause it was on the front "newest threads" page. Otherwise I would've never seen it.

Yeah, simplicity was the reason I just stuck with the h/u for power. I already had to rewire all the speaker and was not about to add more wires running a 4ch...Mine gets plenty loud. And since you have a substage you can crossover your int speakers at 100-125hz so you'll be focusing more on the highs(less distortion) then the lower freq's which tend to distort quicker on h/u power.

That was the first place i posted, this got a reply first.

Wgats the substage? I assume thats a setting in an a/m hu? my old double dine i think i was able to choose which channel played what frequency but that was a couple years ago.

It just means that you have subs.lol

On the 4300 you'll have a ton of tuning options. It's got a nice 8band eq, x-overs ect. Once everything is installed you'll beable to play with everything to get it to sound how you'd like it to.

I don't visit the ls side to often so I must've missed that thread.

jmtiseo What kit are you using to install your deck? I am getting the same deck and I am looking to install myself. I know there is a scoshe kit to wire the harness, however I am keeping my stock speakers for now until I can upgrade my interiors. if you can provide model numbers that would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

An amp will help imensely on more than just volume. I wouldn't bother with proper components until you have one. Different people have different standards, but you can save alot of cash by not buying higher end solutions to serve low end means. Deck power sucks for more reasons than low wattage. Amplifiers are easy as hell to wire and install, speaker wiring too. You can get a capable amplifier for under $100.

the kit is easily found on ebay. I haven't looked deeply into this or purchased it until I have the funds. I'm just doing some research at the moment. Until then I'll keep dreaming. I'm sure it's not too hard to wire but I can't do it where I'm at, apartment policy bs. First day on the co-op tomorrow start raking it in hopefully.

Members online

Back