suspension problems =mucho$$ ?

kojak

LVC Member
Reaction score
I hate to start out here begging for answers to easy questions but...
My 1990 Continental's rear suspension has gone out. The rear bumper is about five inches off of the ground. Is there any way to fix this for under $785 (about my best estimate)? I'm trying to find the parts online to give to a mechanic, it seems like I have to find them cheaper than $200/ side. But do I need the "bags" or the strut assembly or both...As you can tell by now I don't know what I'm doing but any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to sell the Continental and just about break even with all I've put into it over the last year so I can concentrate on being happy with my Mark VII. Thanks I owe you one.

Just upgrade to springs. I think a full conversion goes for under $400...

yeah, i just got all four corners installed with springs and the front with new shock too for $582 on a 95.....but that was with a Gold membership. Trying to replace the air bags is gonna be expensive even with discounts.

Thanks. I've got the coil conversion kit on the way. Seemed the way to go, no guilt when I sell that the next guy will have to go through this, assuming the front holds. Not a bad deal, $299.00 for the set, free shipping. I'll see if I can get a break anywhere putting them in...

Members online

No members online now.
Back