Stupid Brother!!!

Dmaup

94m5 wanna be
Reaction score
So just take a look at what my stupid brother did to my car today...I can't catch a break with this car. People keep doing :q:q:q:q to it before i get a chance to do something stupid.

On Another note do any of you have the Sct programmers tuned for 87 octane and how do they run? I want to get a programmer but i don't want to put 91 in it all the time. Thanks in advance

Dmaup

06-26-07_2026.jpg

If you're willing to pay for the programmer (obviously for performance reasons), why does it matter to spend an extra few bucks when you fill it up??

Your brother now has a repair bill on his hands.

My dad dinged up my Cougar years ago - one winter I got stuck in the driveway (but off, and out of the way). He decides to 'help' me out by using the tractor loader to scoop up the back end to get it back on the driveway, while I was at work. He scratched up the bumper cover and crushed in the trunk lid.

I made him pay that part of the body job.

Difference in 87 to 91 octane pricing will be realized by having a better program for your car to run. Have heard great things about the SCT. At least for the LS.

i still dont understand why ppl complain about the price of premium.

oh...and you got the same dent a mine. except mine was caused by some guy in his 80s before i bought it.

Your brother now has a repair bill on his hands.

My dad dinged up my Cougar years ago - one winter I got stuck in the driveway (but off, and out of the way). He decides to 'help' me out by using the tractor loader to scoop up the back end to get it back on the driveway, while I was at work. He scratched up the bumper cover and crushed in the trunk lid.

I made him pay that part of the body job.

Difference in 87 to 91 octane pricing will be realized by having a better program for your car to run. Have heard great things about the SCT. At least for the LS.

Well i was going to say that he wasn't going to have to pay for it because his car insurance would pick it up but now some total B.S. about how i can't turn a clam in because we live in one house its the same policy. Its complete B.S and now my rates go up and i have a 500 dollar deductible. I hate insurance it bitches when it does what its there for.

But thanks for the info on the chip.

But thanks for the info on the chip.

I have the SCT programmer with a 87 tune, a 93 tune and a nitrous tune. I am getting mine reprogrammed because I like the torque converter lock-up and my program has the converter only locking up after 58 mph. If you buy an SCT program where they eliminate converter lock-up or move it to 55-60 mph, your mileage will suffer with around town driving. Locking out the converter is supposed to make the car feel livelier but I much prefer to stand on it when I want to and use the converter the rest of the time to increase the gas mileage and lower the engine rpms.

That's my opinion so take it as such.

You're right. In fact I think we should all have a race gas tune and run $6/gal 103 all the time. :rolleyes:

lol@103.

C16 or bust.

actually there is a much bigger difference between 3.15 and 8.50 a gallon than there is between 2.95 and 3.15

you buy a car that reccomends premium then bitch because you have to run premium. dont like it, dont buy the car. its that simple.

lol@103.

C16 or bust.

actually there is a much bigger difference between 3.15 and 8.50 a gallon than there is between 2.95 and 3.15

you buy a car that reccomends premium then bitch because you have to run premium. dont like it, dont buy the car. its that simple.

Actually my solution is simpler, run regular anyway because there's a knock sensor. Then run premium when I go to the track.

If I had a programmer, like the OP is considering, and a regular octane tune there would be no reason at all to run premium. :rolleyes:

But if you like to waste money, I suggest you run regular, then for every gallon of gas you buy just paypal me 20 cents.

C16... some of us do have emissions tests. :shifty:

Just run premium you shouldnt be driving one of these cars if you cant afford the few dollars here and there. These cars always have something breaking on them and needs to be fixed. If you are a cheapskate this is definately not the car for you.

Just run premium you shouldnt be driving one of these cars if you cant afford the few dollars here and there. These cars always have something breaking on them and needs to be fixed. If you are a cheapskate this is definately not the car for you.

How can you assume that I'm a cheapskate by one post about not wanting to run 91. I have my reasons:

1. I live in a very small area where the closest gas station that sells 91 is 20 miles away and hardly any of them have it.

2. Why should i spend the extra money, because when i did run 91 for a month i noticed absolutely no difference over 87

3. I keep having to spend money on repairing the car because other people keep doing stuff to it. This is twice in 2 months the car has been in the body shop and I have had to pay for it and it wasn't my fault.

4. I'm a college kid that works his ass off to afford a nice car and all the extra money I have goes to keeping it running. I make enough money but just not enough to be stupid with it. So I have to watch were I put it

I would not give this car up for the world!

Have there been any octane debates here? I'm interested in reading up on them for this car.

My LS needed 91, but was a high compression engine (10.9:1). I don't think the Mark's engine is high compression, so unless the go pedal is always down, 87 should work for just 'getting around' driving.

Have there been any octane debates here? I'm interested in reading up on them for this car.

My LS needed 91, but was a high compression engine (10.9:1). I don't think the Mark's engine is high compression, so unless the go pedal is always down, 87 should work for just 'getting around' driving.

I could get by with 89, before I did the SCT tune. Now 89 makes the engine sound like it's coming apart. Strictly 91 now.

9.8-9.9 depending on year

I feel your pain on the dent. My middle daughter, whose car this used to be before she boutht a "Focus", backed right into my driver's quarter in the same spot. I think these mark's have magnet there for idiots to hit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back