STS starting problems

Paulo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 STS which has been a great car so far. Now when I shut off the engine, after about 10 minutes the engine will not start, it just cranks over, you have to wait about 2 hours for it to start again. This just started after I replaced the oxygen sensor. My milage also has gone from about 24, to 19-20Does anybody have any ideas, or experienced the same.
Thanks for any replys.

PaulO

starting problems

Ok, so I have had these same issues... wait 3 minutes... starting disabled due to theft device... remove ignition key. I bought this car in August and the previous owner has had the same issue, replaced starter and troubleshooted. I have come across other people with the same issue, the codes that were thrown were oh, about 50 ignition codes. I cleared them all and the car ran fine. Mind you, I had to keep the key in the iginition the whole time. The chip key we have is made of carbon and the connectors inside of the iginition read this chip that is really just a resistor. Sometimes, the connectors inside the iginition get dirty, or the key gets dirty, or over time the carbon chips away and the resistance is changed. I came across this article, and am really contemplating buying the plans and builidng this bypass myself, so that I don't have to deal with this waiting game any longer. Any suggestions?

VATS Full ByPass system: "The Full Bypass instead takes care of a very simple task: reproducing the output signal that will be used directly by the PCM (aka the car’s computer) to enable the injectors. – and then you can remove the entire VATS PassKey security system from your car."
Here is the link:click here

Members online

No members online now.
Back