STS Dash Kit on the way...

Roy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, got to start some where, I ordered the STS Dash kit, if any one wants to know how it looks and installs check back with me in about a week I should have it by then, ordered from excoticdashkits.com (seem to have best price? we will see)

Roy

Roy said:
Well, got to start some where, I ordered the STS Dash kit, if any one wants to know how it looks and installs check back with me in about a week I should have it by then, ordered from excoticdashkits.com (seem to have best price? we will see)

Roy

You should write an article for the TECH SECTION about the installation........ Take a few pics, give up the step by step. Just PM me.

I can't seem to find this webpage. Can you post a link?

Roy said:

Roy

OOOOH nice rare dash kit. They finally came out with a lincoln LS dash kit. It looks awesome. Keep us posted on the install and the interface for the tuner.

Started Dash kit install.....

I will let you guy's know how it goes, quality looks good and match isen't bad. I will take some before and after pic's, too bad they forgot one piece, I called today and they will send it to me by ups.

To be Continued....

Pepsi2185 said:
OOOOH nice rare dash kit. They finally came out with a lincoln LS dash kit. It looks awesome. Keep us posted on the install and the interface for the tuner.

If you haven't found it yet here it is...

I order this Kit from http://www.exoticwooddash.com

I will let you know how good it is when I am done...
icon5.gif

codewize said:
I can't seem to find this webpage. Can you post a link?

Figured our a good trick to line up dash Kit

I used Credit card in the cracks to make guides, I will submit the hole thing when I am done, It's a real easy upgrade for your dash...
To be continued...

Joeychgo said:
You should write an article for the TECH SECTION about the installation........ Take a few pics, give up the step by step. Just PM me.

DashKitInstall 009.jpg

DashKitInstall 018.jpg

DashKitInstall 019.jpg

Still waiting for the last piece to arrive....

Roy said:
I used Credit card in the cracks to make guides, I will submit the hole thing when I am done, It's a real easy upgrade for your dash...
To be continued...

Waiting....

Would look better if the most important piece (4 the tuner) would show up. Mabey next week, but this B&I stuff is very nice to work with. when it's all done I will do a little tech bit on it. I have some good before and after pics.

Joeychgo said:
its looking good bud!

Roy said:
Would look better if the most important piece (4 the tuner) would show up. Mabey next week, but this B&I stuff is very nice to work with. when it's all done I will do a little tech bit on it. I have some good before and after pics.
thats great. I know I never put a kit in my car only out of fear it would be a huge mess cause obody I knew ever did one.

So far so good, I am pleased with the quality and fit, if you like wood or carbon fiber, I would recommed the B&I kit, the door and heater pieces have been in for about a week and they are holding up to the daily ride, kids, and cutomers nicely. Install is Clean and Quick.
Joeychgo said:
thats great. I know I never put a kit in my car only out of fear it would be a huge mess cause obody I knew ever did one.

DashKitInstall 013.jpg

DashKitInstall 023.jpg

Finally got the last piece, I will post finshed project soon

Roy said:
So far so good, I am pleased with the quality and fit, if you like wood or carbon fiber, I would recommed the B&I kit, the door and heater pieces have been in for about a week and they are holding up to the daily ride, kids, and cutomers nicely. Install is Clean and Quick.

Finished Wood for Center Bose/AC and trim.

Real easy up grade, Pic's are not great but looks good in person.
I got the look I was going for.
icon7.gif

Now I need to refinsh the wood around the shifter, it's getting a little scrached.

DashKitInstall 008.jpg

DashKitInstall 021.jpg

NewWoodBose.JPG

Last edited:
I will do a little piece on the install for the Tech Sec.

Install is easy but some important tricks make it easy and the fit nice.

I know most guys like the carbon fiber but I am a wood Nut, car, boat, house, office .... any how the install is the same for carbon and other finishes.
Joeychgo said:
looking good!

All Done! Plus some extra re-finishing wood

Well the dash looks great, but that left the shifter consol looking a little ruff since there was scratchs from keys and stuff and a marks deap in the wood from the cup holder hitting the wood.... so out it came I gave it a good sanding (without going to deep) and then sprayed 5 coats of high gloss liquid plastic..and .. looks great.

I will put together a short summery for the tech section for any one who would like to do this easy upgrade. including how to safely remove the wood consol around the shifter (it will break around the ash tray if not removed properly.)

I hope I will have time over the next week or two put a project summery. my company has a trade show next week so I better get back to my day job.

(25 hours a day most days)

Looking forward to the tech articl, thanks! Cant wait to read it

Roy said:
Well the dash looks great, but that left the shifter consol looking a little ruff since there was scratchs from keys and stuff and a marks deap in the wood from the cup holder hitting the wood.... so out it came I gave it a good sanding (without going to deep) and then sprayed 5 coats of high gloss liquid plastic..and .. looks great.

I will put together a short summery for the tech section for any one who would like to do this easy upgrade. including how to safely remove the wood consol around the shifter (it will break around the ash tray if not removed properly.)

I hope I will have time over the next week or two put a project summery. my company has a trade show next week so I better get back to my day job.

(25 hours a day most days)

Looks great. Want to come over and work on my 91. It needs lots of TLC. I'll be working on it this spring. Could use some help, any and all tips welcome.

Busy time of year for me now

I would like to post more but its a very busy time of year for me, if you need help with any questions just post here, there is a lot of helpful members in this forum.

I too will be back at it in the spring.

genechaz said:
Looks great. Want to come over and work on my 91. It needs lots of TLC. I'll be working on it this spring. Could use some help, any and all tips welcome.

Members online

No members online now.
Back