Stock Intake tube question!!..

lexdiamondz10304

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I took out my stock intake tube from my v-6 and accidentally ripped off 1 of the air chambers (the one that goes ontop of the fan), they look like boxes attached to the tube, and there is also another chamber that is hidden right were the tube connects to the maf adapter. My question is what do these exacly do? Can I take them off? or will it affect performance?

lexdiamondz10304 said:
Ok, so I took out my stock intake tube from my v-6 and accidentally ripped off 1 of the air chambers (the one that goes ontop of the fan), they look like boxes attached to the tube, and there is also another chamber that is hidden right were the tube connects to the maf adapter. My question is what do these exacly do? Can I take them off? or will it affect performance?
You can take the air chambers off and plug up the holes. They are there to help reduce intake noise for a quiet sounding engine. They add no value to the performance of the car.

lexdiamondz10304 said:

Yes they can be taken off and plugged. The boxes just add to the airspace of the intake which allows them to tune it to a certain frequence (making it quieter). Checkout my garage, I think I have a pic of mine removed.
:Beer

Members online

Back