Stereo Swap

Ozman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to swap a 2000 factory head unit with a 2005 factory head unit? I have the cd changer in the center console (does not work and is a pain to change on the road) and the 05 changer is in the head unit. My LS had this head unit and it was really convenient. Are the harnesses the same? If not, is there more involved than simply rewiring the harnesses? Thanks.

Ozman said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to swap a 2000 factory head unit with a 2005 factory head unit? I have the cd changer in the center console (does not work and is a pain to change on the road) and the 05 changer is in the head unit. My LS had this head unit and it was really convenient. Are the harnesses the same? If not, is there more involved than simply rewiring the harnesses? Thanks.

I can relate to it being a pain to change on the road. My 2000 Mountainerr had the 6 CD changer in the console, but it had a single disc slot in the head unit. Now that I am driving the 2000 Nav, I really miss that single disc slot for a quick listen, or one of the kids wanting to listen to their head banging music on headphones in the back.

Terry

:L

They are two different series of chassis and for the most part are not interchanbable. Different wiring, different plugs, etc. Too bad too....the 04 and up are satellite ready.

Members online

No members online now.
Back