Steering column MK VII

rs2600

LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any other Lincoln steering column that fits a 1988 MK VII without any mods? Reason for asking is, parts for a MK VII are pretty scarce i Sweden and the one I'm looking at have had it burgularized and the ignition swith is toast. Or does anyone have a column that can be shipped overseas?
Thanks,
Matt

Is there any other Lincoln steering column that fits a 1988 MK VII without any mods? Reason for asking is, parts for a MK VII are pretty scarce i Sweden and the one I'm looking at have had it burgularized and the ignition swith is toast. Or does anyone have a column that can be shipped overseas?
Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt,
You can only use another column from either 1988 or 1989.
I don't know anyone that would ship :(

The Mark VII is a "fox" platform car. It shared many parts with the Ford Mustang, Ford Thunderbird, and Mercury Cougar (at least through 1988.) I don't know for sure but a Mustang part may work. At any rate, there were many more Mustangs than Mark VII's so the parts should be easier to obtain after 30 years.

The Mark VII is a "fox" platform car. It shared many parts with the Ford Mustang, Ford Thunderbird, and Mercury Cougar (at least through 1988.) I don't know for sure but a Mustang part may work. At any rate, there were many more Mustangs than Mark VII's so the parts should be easier to obtain after 30 years.

Well, I looked at a Mustang steering coloumn and it's not even close and besides, the car was sold but thanks for Your input.

Members online

No members online now.
Back