Stage Four Hitting It To The Floor! July 14th 2004

Guess Sifrino's 1/4 Mile Time. . .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, how fast will I go. Very simple poll. Lets see how close you gus are at mods to time! Keep in mind the timing is set at 10 degrees and the fuel preasure as on now is 37psi to 42psi. Inwhich I have driven the car at 40-45psi. Maybe be somthing in that range. If not lower. . . Fuel should be at 1/4 full if not a little higher.

Driver is around 200-211lbs. New rear seat or anything in the trunk. Filter was cleaned around 550 miles. Oil changed about 300 miles ago. (Around there, guessing) I don't think there is anything else. . .

Lets have some fun with this. I should be back around friday or saturday. . .

JoshMcMadMac said:
I am assuming this is for the Mark with the mods listed in your sig.
Knowing Ramsey, it's for the time it takes him to run down the tow truck after parking illegally :shifty:

Well, that one the said it would not make it. Was right! Over heated the night before. But was going to take it anyways. Was on my way to the track. My brake light came on with the abs. Well, I kept pressing on because I needed to stop a a gas station on the way for some ice. I went to brake for the the light before my turn and the brake pedal was hard. No brakes unless you wanted to get on it. It was found to be the brake booster.

As I did not want to turn back. I figured I should. Plus the over heating this can't be a good thing. . . Anyone know why it keeps over heating? You think its the pulleys? My amp seem to be great. Unless I have the music up.

Sorry guys, hate to give you this info! I wanted it more then you guys wanted to know. You know that chip would have droped me into the 13s, easy! Hahahaha

My site has been updated. With new pictures. Take a look and see!

30.2 was before the problms happened. It was great til tuesday night. Then it started overheating with any little stop or push of the throttle. It would starter riding the "L." It was all bad and not what I was looking for when I was down there.

Anyone with pulleys ever begin to start over heating? I don't know what else it would be. After pulleys and headers were put on it has been driving hot. That can't be good. I am considering a tranny cooler. Just bcoz I have had my eye on one. Even though im getting off track.

What would be best to do. Maybe get a high flow water pump? I dunno. I just know its not driving like it once was. It feels like it got a 10% lose in power. It just doesn't have what it had. Hard to tell ya. It just sucks!

Headers shouldn't cause the car to overheat. And while underdrive pulleys do tend to cause the car to run hotter and the alternator slower, it shouldn't create as much of a problem as you are describing. Try going back to your stock pullies and see what happens. Also, check your "In & Out" radiator hoses that are on either side of the thermostat. One is abnormally hotter than the other, it may be that the thermostat is stuck shut.

Sifrino3 said:
. . .
Anyone know why it keeps over heating? You think its the pulleys? My amp seem to be great. Unless I have the music up.
. . .

Though the top may look like this:

oldschool2053.jpg

what comes out of the bottom might look like this:

oldschool2051.jpg

Flush her again Bro.

Members online

No members online now.
Back