Squeak in Steering wheel...

John_P007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK it is DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!! When I first brought my car for service I told them it sounded funny and felt kind of weird... They said they didn't notice anything, then I read here in the forum about other people and there "SQUEAK" and that Lincoln has replaced the steering colum. I have noticed if I have the air on and it is cold in the car that is when I get the squeak the most. Does anyone know if this is a documented problem w/03's? Because when I go in for my first oil change maybe in 2 weeks I am going to tell them and was going to tell them I have seen a lot of complaints on the web... It honestly drives me nuts and I don't want to get the "I didn't hear anything" when they take it.

Squeak

John_P007 said:
OK it is DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!! When I first brought my car for service I told them it sounded funny and felt kind of weird... They said they didn't notice anything, then I read here in the forum about other people and there "SQUEAK" and that Lincoln has replaced the steering colum. I have noticed if I have the air on and it is cold in the car that is when I get the squeak the most. Does anyone know if this is a documented problem w/03's? Because when I go in for my first oil change maybe in 2 weeks I am going to tell them and was going to tell them I have seen a lot of complaints on the web... It honestly drives me nuts and I don't want to get the "I didn't hear anything" when they take it.

I get this sometimes also, but it hasn't happened where the service tech has experienced it. I think sometimes it may be the tires that are causing this. Especially in the winter, when they salt the roads it makes the tires feel different. I'll let you know if it returns, but I've experienced it intermittently.

My colum would make a horrible noise when opening/closing the doors (auto tilt) but this was from me lifting myself out of the car by pulling on the steering wheel when I was getting out.

Members online

Back