Speakers not working while in gear

Arctic_LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Firstly I want to say that I've been reading a lot on this forum for the past year I've owned my 2003 LS sport and I want to thank everybody on this forum, especially the veterans like QuikLS (I'd list more of you guys, like the one with turbo LS, but I forgot how to spell your usernames :D), for all the great information you've all shared, its helped me a lot in my ownership.

Anyways, since the other day, my car speakers will only work and produce sound in Park and Neutral. As soon as I shift into Reverse, D4, D5, or SST mode, the speakers immediately stop working, even the radio button feedback doesn't produce sound.

I think it is important to mention that my car has a leak from the A pillar and water puddles up in the driver side and just recently the passenger side door pocket (the smaller ones in the front). Also, when I bought this car, the sunroof was not working and the previous owner had put some kind of flex seal to seal it shut from leaking. After the past year of washing my car the sealing is starting to wear off and one corner of the sun roof (bottom left corner) has now depressed below the roof enough to be able to see a crack of an opening.
I washed my car on Tuesday night and I noticed my sound not working on Thursday. My theory is that water leaked from the crack opening of the sunroof, into a space between the roof and headliner and compromised some fuse up there or trickled somewhere else where there are fuses.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

I'm posting this issue of mine here because I have found hardly any information about it on any forum, article, or video online with the exception of a Ford Ranger forum.

I think it is important to mention that my car has a leak from the A pillar and water puddles up in the driver side and just recently the passenger side door pocket
I mean.. I think you probably just circled your problem right there. Either way, you’re gonna want to fix this like yesterday, and worry about the radio after. The passenger side fuse box is right down under where the a-pillar meets the dash..

Yup...or the drain opening on bottom of doors are plugged up ...you can take out the plastic pieces and see if there is any debris blocking the drainage vents/holes

Members online

Back