Some Q's

91lincTownEx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How hard would it be to swap a 5.0l or 4.6l mustang engine into my 1991 Lincoln Towncar? Or is it possible? Also how much gas is left in the tank when your gas light comes on?

Thanks for your help! :headbang:

It depends i believe its like 1 gallon. Giver or take a 1/2 gallon.

I blieve the block may be different on the stang than the TC, you may be able to keep the block and just swap to mustang heads and manifolds.

dont you have a 5 liter, already, they are all basicly the same,

except for the intake, and some wiring, continental has a diff intake , so does the truck, I think the mustang is the same I am talking 5 liter, I believe the trans for the 4.6 is diferent, it is operated by the PCM the AOD trans is not, so you can sucessfully change your 5 liter for any 5 liter, or 260 or 289 even with a carburetor, just change the wiring and the air and fuel delivery, and wiring.

oh yeah the fuel light is supposed to come on about seven gallons or so before you

run out, so try it and see, or get close, fill it up and find out. I have had more than 14 Lincoln full size cars from '57 to 2003[QU'OTE=91lincTownEx]How hard would it be to swap a 5.0l or 4.6l mustang engine into my 1991 Lincoln Towncar? Or is it possible? Also how much gas is left in the tank when your gas light comes on?

Thanks for your help! :headbang:[/QUOTE]

Swapping 99+ Stang heads (PI Heads & cams), PI intake with aluminum crossover, 80mm MAF & airbox from a 03' Mercury Marauder, and a good chip like SCT will give you a boost of around 45hp. Don't bother with the 5.0...

Members online

No members online now.
Back