Soldiers in Afghanistan given bibles, Told to "Hunt people for Jesus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that include fossten?
Is he disrupting a thread just to greif?

Or is that ok because he is part of the conservative group think?
I need no encouragement to post.
Just this forum to be fair and open, free of double standards.

Where have we not been "fair and open minded"? Can you give examples?

Specifically, what "double standards" were you referring to?

I'm just going to take this time to do a little trollin' myself. Seeing as how i can hardly make a comprehensible statement, i'm just going to use to words of wise others.
Wow...that is some serious PWNAGE...
Either you are intentionally ignoring that and being willfully obtuse, or your little female brain is incapable of comprehending it.* Either way, it is a waste of my time to rehash it all again.

Does that include fossten?
Is he disrupting a thread just to greif?
It can include Fossten, perhaps you might have noticed, that time I insulted you so deeply by deleting the cross-talk and grief, I also deleted some stuff from Fossten (among others) as well.

But, since you seem to fixate on Fossten, he DOES contribute to the conversations. He doesn't exclusively make single sentence posts with the intention of trolling, in contrast to someone like... you for example.

Or is that ok because he is part of the conservative group think?
You're using the term "group think" wrong, but I think I understand the point you're trying to make anyway.

It's funny, you spend posts devoted to how I argued with Fossten and gave him a hard time, and now in this post are trying to say that I protect him and am in full lockstep with his him on everything.

But regarding your question, I don't like it when anyone does it, regardless whether I agree with them or not. I've spoken with many people in this forum at various times in private in an effort to change the tone, without regard to their political affiliation. We don't have "teams" here, we don't keep score, so to frame things like that when discussing personalities is foolish and incorrect.

You've never been isolated, treated unfairly or edited. The one example you reference included people on all sides of the argument, so any claim of persecution is simply wrong.

I need no encouragement to post.
Just this forum to be fair and open, free of double standards.
Then let's conclude this conversation and move on.
There is no "double standard" and more important "double standard" regarding what? Posts are very rarely edited or deleted around here and never for personal reasons, so the claim is just absurd. But if you think something is "unfair," just send me a Private Message and I'll address it.

if you pull yourself away from your religious offense, you can understand it.

You're presuming quite a bit there.
First, you're assuming that I'm personally offended and that I'm openly religious or spiritual. I don't think I've discussed any of these issues publicly, and certainly not in this thread.

I've never discussed MY reaction to you sig or avatar. Merely what were the reasonable responses you could have expected from posting it.

Personally:
I've seen the evolution fish countless times, it doesn't offend me but I also recognize that it's done TO offend. It's very in your face, belligerent and offensive. As mentioned, it's not merely a DARWIN FISH, it's evolution copulating with the symbol of Christianity. You're avatar doesn't have a fish that says "CREATIONISM," it says something like "Jesus Christ, Son of God." That is designed to insult and provoke someone of religion. At this point, having seen it so often, the picture just signals to me that the person who is displaying it is probably an insecure, Marxist jerk, among other things.

But, I never asked you to remove, nor do I ever bring it up as a subject of conversation. Other people have and I joined the conversation.

I'm just going to take this time to do a little trollin' myself. Seeing as how i can hardly make a comprehensible statement, i'm just going to use to words of wise others.

so....you can't add to the conversation, just quote others out of context in an attempt to harass.

It can include Fossten, perhaps you might have noticed, that time I insulted you so deeply by deleting the cross-talk and grief, I also deleted some stuff from Fossten (among others) as well
I never said you insulted me deeply, only pointed out what I didnt like.

But, since you seem to fixate on Fossten, he DOES contribute to the conversations. He doesn't exclusively make single sentence posts with the intention of trolling, in contrast to someone like... you for example.
It easy to find posts that he is trolling in, I can go on and say most of his posts are intened to disrupt a thread just to greif.
I found four on this one page.
The double standard is obvious to me.

You're using the term "group think" wrong, but I think I understand the point you're trying to make anyway.

It's funny, you spend posts devoted to how I argued with Fossten and gave him a hard time, and now in this post are trying to say that I protect him and am in full lockstep with his him on everything.

But regarding your question, I don't like it when anyone does it, regardless whether I agree with them or not. I've spoken with many people in this forum at various times in private in an effort to change the tone, without regard to their political affiliation. We don't have "teams" here, we don't keep score, so to frame things like that when discussing personalities is foolish and incorrect.
Fair enough, I can be man enough to stop.
But when I see it, I may point it out, one post talking about breast size comes to my mind right away.

You've never been isolated, treated unfairly or edited. The one example you reference included people on all sides of the argument, so any claim of persecution is simply wrong.

Then let's conclude this conversation and move on.
There is no "double standard" and more important "double standard" regarding what? Posts are very rarely edited or deleted around here and never for personal reasons, so the claim is just absurd. But if you think something is "unfair," just send me a Private Message and I'll address it.

I only pointed out I don't like threads delated.
If your going to call out posts that are intened to disrupt, then call them all.
Or don't call any.

Dude, TBH, i have no idea where this thread is right now. I really don't.

It's not about the thread- the whole bible toting soldier issue is long forgotten. But you quoted Shag in an effort to make him look bad, but completely missed his point- and the ASTERISK.

An asterisk is often used to call out a footnote at the bottom of the page (or post in this case), which was the case there... Apparently, unaware of this, the point he was attempting to make went over your head.

It's not about the thread- the whole bible toting soldier issue is long forgotten. But you quoted Shag in an effort to make him look bad, but completely missed his point- and the ASTERISK.

An asterisk is often used to call out a footnote at the bottom of the page (or post in this case), which was the case there... Apparently, unaware of this, the point he was attempting to make went over your head.

Nah, i didn't want to make shag look bad, i wanted to make foss look bad.

Fair enough, I can be man enough to stop.
But when I see it, I may point it out, one post talking about breast size comes to my mind right away.
I'm not arguing your point is without merit.

However, you're missing a significant distinction that I keep making-
You have been exclusively "trolling" (for lack a better word) in this sub-forum. You're not doing that throughout the broader community, but speaking specifically about your participation in this sub-forum. You are either provoking or complaining, but not actually engaging, debating, or initiating conversations- unless it's to hijack a thread so that it's about provoking and complaining.

And, noting you're liberal use of the word "group think" earlier. You aren't griefing alone, you're doing it in packs. Signaling a pile on that completely destroys any conversation or exchange that could be going on. And then it spirals.

When one person does it, it's annoying. When two do it, it can be contained and ignored. But when three or four people attack together, with NO intention of contributing, then it's just destructive and unfair to anyone who actually is trying to be thoughtful.

If your going to call out posts that are intened to disrupt, then call them all.
Or don't call any.
The internet seems to give everyone some perception that everything is uniquely personal, that you are being isolated out. You're not. And in that example, I'm not using the collective "you".

Remainder of this topic can be continued in the newly formed, dedicated: Fossten & Ford Nut thread:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=53747

Last edited by a moderator:
You're presuming quite a bit there.
First, you're assuming that I'm personally offended and that I'm openly religious or spiritual. I don't think I've discussed any of these issues publicly, and certainly not in this thread.

I've never discussed MY reaction to you sig or avatar. Merely what were the reasonable responses you could have expected from posting it.

Personally:
I've seen the evolution fish countless times, it doesn't offend me but I also recognize that it's done TO offend. It's very in your face, belligerent and offensive. As mentioned, it's not merely a DARWIN FISH, it's evolution copulating with the symbol of Christianity. You're avatar doesn't have a fish that says "CREATIONISM," it says something like "Jesus Christ, Son of God." That is designed to insult and provoke someone of religion. At this point, having seen it so often, the picture just signals to me that the person who is displaying it is probably an insecure, Marxist jerk, among other things.

But, I never asked you to remove, nor do I ever bring it up as a subject of conversation. Other people have and I joined the conversation.

yes, you're right. i was assuming from your statements it was a personal response, instead of a sympathetic response. i guess that should be directed to shagdrum who first brought it up.

yes, you're right. i was assuming from your statements it was a personal response, instead of a sympathetic response. i guess that should be directed to shagdrum who first brought it up.

Did I ever say I was personally offended by it?

if you aren't offended by it, then why would you start an off topic arguement over it? living up to your awards?

if you aren't offended by it, then why would you start an off topic arguement over it? living up to your awards?

Instead of simply calling me an @$$hole and a dip$h!t again, how about you take the initiative, go back to posts 4-13 and see how that topic came about.

yep. post 4 is where you started taking it off topic. thanks for pointing it out.

yep. post 4 is where you started taking it off topic. thanks for pointing it out.

Actually, that was you. I was simply asking a question, and you started trying to spin it into a means to smear me. Of course, no one expects anything more from you then petty and dishonest smears anymore, but you make no pretense of even trying to play nice anymore. You simple start distorting or out and out lying. Your own actions prove what I have been saying about vindictiveness and other petty emotions driving your actions here (including your using that avatar). Honesty is a four letter word for you, apparently.:rolleyes:

distorting is your game shag. i made a reference to how stupid of an idea it was given the circumstances of thier place and situation, let alone it's illegal within military law. then you ask the useless question if this is the reason for my christian hatred.
don't see how a simple statement from me gains your reaction. there was nothing hateful in it. at which point you went on your crusade against me.
your intentions are the most suspect here. what were you trying to prove?
you're right? we already know that, you can never be wrong. and you have nothing but honest intentions. (yeah right.) you just made it even more obvious.

distorting is your game shag. i made a reference to how stupid of an idea it was given the circumstances of thier place and situation, let alone it's illegal within military law. then you ask the useless question if this is the reason for my christian hatred.
don't see how a simple statement from me gains your reaction. there was nothing hateful in it. at which point you went on your crusade against me.
your intentions are the most suspect here. what were you trying to prove?
you're right? we already know that, you can never be wrong. and you have nothing but honest intentions. (yeah right.) you just made it even more obvious.

Actually your first comment was dripping with contempt for these Christians and only seemed to be aimed at smearing them.
"...but then there are always a few idiots who want to make a bigger target of themselves, unfortunately dragging many along with them. what a thoughtless, selfish bunch." [post #3]​
So I asked a simple question [post #4] and you started attacking me...
"no, but your ignorant anyways." [post #8]​
The record is clear for anyone to read. Your lies, distortions and attempts to deflect are obvious, as is your childish belligerence and petulance.

And here I thought it was just the Islamites that went loony over a picture.
I don't see anyone threatening to cut off someone's head over a picture. Really, really cheap and transparent attempt to equivocate Christians and Muslims.

Oh, ever heard of atheists trying to remove representations of the Ten Commandments from courtrooms, or get Nativity Scenes removed from public places? Who's loony again?

FAIL.

I don't see anyone threatening to cut off someone's head over a picture. Really, really cheap and transparent attempt to equivocate Christians and Muslims.

Oh, ever heard of atheists trying to remove representations of the Ten Commandments from courtrooms, or get Nativity Scenes removed from public places? Who's loony again?

FAIL.

why would you think the symbols of your religion belong everywhere? it's not just atheists that are trying to remove these things.
why are they removing the swearing on the bible? because not everybody practices your faith. that promotes a religion and stands in the way of religious neutrality. just because it has been by misguided ideals doesn't mean it should always be.

FAIL.

And I fail to see where I implied 'Christians are violent like Muslims.' BTW, pretty sure not every Islamic that was offended by that picture wanted to roll heads, just like not every Christian who sees the "Darwin Sodomy" (as named by thread) picture gets offended.

People who get offended by silly pictures, those people. Thought I made myself clear from the get-go.

Actually your first comment was dripping with contempt for these Christians and only seemed to be aimed at smearing them.
"...but then there are always a few idiots who want to make a bigger target of themselves, unfortunately dragging many along with them. what a thoughtless, selfish bunch." [post #3]​
So I asked a simple question [post #4] and you started attacking me...
"no, but your ignorant anyways." [post #8]​
The record is clear for anyone to read. Your lies, distortions and attempts to deflect are obvious, as is your childish belligerence and petulance.

maybe YOU thought it was, but it wasn't. there was nothing "smearing" christians in there.
the idiots are the few soldiers who thought it would be a bright idea to get bibles printed in the local language and spread them around in a MUSLIM country WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONVERT and also ILLEGAL UNDER MILITARY LAW.
there is no thought for any other soldiers or the implications that this might create. that is selfish. they only thought of thier own motives for this, and none of the repercussions. but then you couldn't miss the opportunity to make yet another crack at me.
i think this more applies to you.
"The record is clear for anyone to read. Your lies, distortions and attempts to deflect are obvious, as is your childish belligerence and petulance"

Toxic Thread Closed.

closed2ur0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back