So You Think Your Safe Huh?

E

ERIC1

are you one of those guys that own a Gen II car and read about all these little quirks our cars have and say to yourself "boy im glad my car doesnt do that" or " that aint happening to me " guess what you are wrong it will happen to you eventually these cars have inherent issues and if they havent been addressed before maybe they should be addressed soon. i had no issues with this care until about 3 weeks ago then within that time i had the wet passenger floor, the intermittent blower motor issue and the dreaded blend door all at once so my advice is check your car check this and other web sites and use all that info and fix your car before it fixes you.
Eric. :L

I'm bumming. I might just go out to the driveway and put my car out of it's misery.
icon12.gif

At least we know what goes wrong, and with minimal effort, can fix it. That is a lot more than other cars offer.

MonsterMark said:
I'm bumming. I might just go out to the driveway and put my car out of it's misery.
icon12.gif

At least we know what goes wrong, and with minimal effort, can fix it. That is a lot more than other cars offer.
well thank god for our talents but what about those poor sobs that have to pay ford to do it oooooooooo brutal.
Eric

I agree, but that's why we are here. Contribute as much knowledge as possible to the tech section on any item for these cars and you won't believe howmany people will benefit by it.

ERIC1 said:
telescoping wheel.
No :q :q :q :q :q :q :q way! I had to disable mine cuz the threaded parts (cheap plastic) cracked. So I basically drilled it back in and disco'ed the motor... figured I have to find the new thread sheild at a junk yard one day.

hottweelz said:
No :q :q :q :q :q :q :q way! I had to disable mine cuz the threaded parts (cheap plastic) cracked. So I basically drilled it back in and disco'ed the motor... figured I have to find the new thread sheild at a junk yard one day.
get me the pars and come to brooklyn one weekend ill fix it up for ya. i wrote the how to in the tech section but if you want ill do it for ya.
Eric

I work in Manhattan I may hold you to it... I had to do it and discovered it installing my Hand Controls... but I need to go to Jersey and pick up the Hand Control Steering Column Mount that allows for Telescoping and Tilt, after I do that, I'll definately be planning on fixing that, as of right now I cannot even Tilt the wheel nonetheless Telescop it :(

nahhhh...we all have intermittin problems... i owned a 88 and 89 lsc, and they both had the same problem regarding starting issues,well 89 had more issues regarding tranny...went thru 3 trannies for some god forsaken reason
so far i am lucky to date that my "98lsc" hasn't had issues on anything yet.((knockin wood))
no matter what car you drive you have to be on your toes on everything cause your car is whats makes your life...no car no life.
car's reflect on your livleyhood...lol unless your mr :L flitstone!

hottweelz said:
I work in Manhattan I may hold you to it... I had to do it and discovered it installing my Hand Controls... but I need to go to Jersey and pick up the Hand Control Steering Column Mount that allows for Telescoping and Tilt, after I do that, I'll definately be planning on fixing that, as of right now I cannot even Tilt the wheel nonetheless Telescop it :(
hey when ever you are ready ill be here.
Eric

We have 5 vehicles and a boat. We are very careful what we say, because usually when we say something is going to happen, it does...to every vehicle we have!

hottweelz said:
Ironically, my blower motor quit last night, I HAVE NO HEAT
hmmmm nice well im here if you need a hand or we can fix it monday night.

hintsclue said:
We have 5 vehicles and a boat. We are very careful what we say, because usually when we say something is going to happen, it does...to every vehicle we have!
yep every single time :slam

Well, I downloaded and printed the Tech Article on LvC thanks to Eric lets see how trustworthy my crimping/zip tying skills are LOL as of right now its HOT HOT HOT

Thank God For You Eric1, Thank God For You. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back