Seville STS purchase considerations

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I've been wandering around this board for sometime now and being a Buick guy I'm always a fan of going fast with class or being big and fast. However my 97.5 Regal GS has managed to anger me resently by dumping its transmission and while I had it fully rebuilt, $1800 for a stock rebuild got my dander up. I'm therefore looking at possible replacement alternatives and while I really want to return to the world of RWD, I'm afraid that a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/ Town Car doesn't have the thrust I'm craving out of the SOHC 4.6. To add to the matter gas prices are going up and up, so I'd like something with the ability to make power on 87, and I love 4drs for a daily driver, its just so much easier to get out of when you are parking and so much easier on your friends when you take them around which I like to do.

So..... gettting to the point, I think that the 2000-2004 Seville STS's are about the best balance I can find without going to a generic 5 wheels, 4 doors, and 2 pedals foriegn box. What should I look out for when I'm looking at one of these cars? Also there is a beautiful black on oatmeal car on eBay right now that has 124k miles but looks like it just rolled off of the dealership lot! Should I be scared of the mileage or embrace the chance to pick up such a stunning vehicle for chump change?

Thanks,

Ummm.... do ya'll not drive these cars or what? Maybe I should just stick to Buick's if this is the kind of help I can get from fellow "enthusiests"......

My personal opinion...although there seem to be alot of happy people with STS's well over the 100k mark I would never buy one with over 100k unless I had a shop of my own to work on it. However the northstar is a very good engine and if it has been taken care of there shouldn't be any problem. I know a guy here at Scott AFB that bought a 98 STS with over a hundred thousand on it two years ago and he's been happy ever since. Not a single complaint.

Members online

Back