Serious probs. NEED HELP NOW!

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
like the title says...

On Thurs night I had to drive to the poconos'ish area, because my grandfather went to the hospital...not the point...I park the car and let it sit on Friday. This morning I went to make sure the car was driving well, because I was feeling something strange with the tire. I drove it down the mountain (quite fast...good corners and such...you know how it is. Then, back up. All was good. Then it was time to go back to the hospital, and down the hill again. I get to the bottom, and figure it would be a good idea to tighten the lugs on the tire that is vibrating (or at least where it feels like its coming from). That would be problem #1...the most minor. Whenever I hit the breaks I get a pulsating in the pedal, and throughout the car, and the steering wheel moves back and forth. When I'm driving up at around 55-up, I get a vibration becoming very prominent at about 70. Ok, so problem #2. When I put the car in park, after I got to the bottom of the hill for the second time, she revved up to 2500 rpm and idled there, and wouldn't come down. I popped the hood to see if the throttle was stuck open or something...nothing I could tell from that. Putting it in gear feels like its going to drop the tranny out, its like neutral bombing it. when I get it in gear it idles at around 750, normal...but for some reason it idles at 2500 about's. That is most likely linked with problems #3 and #4. Problem #3 is she will NOT shift out of first gear until at least 3000 rpm, even if I let off the gas. and at least 2500 for second, assuming I let off the gas too. 3rd not until 2500 again, still letting off the gas. and O/D doesn't come on until i hit at least 70 mph, and that's after I slam on it and let off the gas. When I finally do get it into O/D if I gas it more than to be able to gain about 5 mph in a min, then it will downshift to 3rd. All gears float when it finally does shift, and float badly. It stays "clutched in" for about 1-3 seconds. Problem #4: The car doesn't want to stop. I let off the gas, and it continues to slowly rev, as if I just hit resume on cruse control. If I try to stop, the car will fight against me until it goes below 1500 rpm, then its like I'm off the gas, and back to "normal". If I let off the break, and start going, at about 1000 rpm if I'm off the gas, it will take over like she's possessed, and continue driving until about 2500 rpm, and will stay there. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Please read all the problems...I need help NOW!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a Transmission Shop is what it sounds like to me. I sorry to say - sounding like rebuilding time.

yes, well thats what i thought...but, would that explain why the car is pulling itself?

stupid weak a$$ trannys cant even survive me beating on it for 20000 miles.

ROFL - Well that is the weak point on Lincolns -

Geno (onebadmk8) at LincolnMotorsport has Trannys - PM him and see what he can do for you -

MrWilson said:
yes, well thats what i thought...but, would that explain why the car is pulling itself?

stupid weak a$$ trannys cant even survive me beating on it for 20000 miles.

Did you check the TV cable? I popped mine on the mustang once and it did the same thing with the shifting. The revving problem could be a bad TPS or a vacuum problem somewhere.

jesus, im selling the pos, i dont want to replace anything... DAMN IT!

(anyone think that replacing a tranny is somthing i can do out infront of my house?)

scott9050 said:
Did you check the TV cable? I popped mine on the mustang once and it did the same thing with the shifting. The revving problem could be a bad TPS or a vacuum problem somewhere.

Fully electronic, no TV cable on this trans.

MrWilson said:
jesus, im selling the pos, i dont want to replace anything... DAMN IT!

(anyone think that replacing a tranny is somthing i can do out infront of my house?)

Dude we have a BULLETPROOF trans with a 2400 stall converter for $1650.00 installed, this includes labor and fluids along with a 12/12 warranty.

but, but, but....i want to sell....im gonna cry. i want my trans am, or mustang, or monte carlo ss :( thats not too bad at all tho. would i get the old tranny back ( mabey i could sell it on the Ebizzle)

hmm...send me some more info on that. actually, if you want...go into chat, well disguss it there. ill be there for the next half hour prolly...ill keep the window up

Its simple. The converters are rebuilt and restalled Ford units, the trans has all the updates such as mechanical diode one way clutch, updated front pump, raybestos action friction clutches with Kevlar bands. We also stack another clutchpack into the OD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back