Seal For The Kkm Intake

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey everyone... well when i bought my kkm intake and installed it i noticed that their was still a little bit of space between the actual metal bracket that came with the intake filter and the intake pipe... this concern of my was raised as i was looking at a similar item on ebay but that one had a type of gasket in the middle? does anyone know anything on this matter,,, thanks... :L

EBAY LISTING OF THE FILTER WITH GASKET

I've never seen that kit before, but you're saying the engine is drawing in unfiltered air? Did you buy the kit used? Either way, I'd contact KKM right away.

There should have been a gasket between the MAF and original air box that you re-use for this. Did you notice it still on the air box?

GrayGhost1 said:
There should have been a gasket between the MAF and original air box that you re-use for this. Did you notice it still on the air box?

Does this filter not fit with the bottom of the airbox installed?

ltnate3 said:
Does this filter not fit with the bottom of the airbox installed?

Its a cone filter that just over 6 inchs at its widest point which doesn't fit in the airbox bottom.
:Beer

so the fix would be reusing the original gasket

When there are two flat surfaces, no gasket is required. If you are having issues with a gap, make sure that the bolts are tightened evenly, gradually tightening each bolt instead of tightening down one corner then moving to the next. If after this check you still have a gap, place the plastic MAF body on a sheet of sand paper layed on a flat surface and check for trueness.

Kustomz said:
When there are two flat surfaces, no gasket is required. If you are having issues with a gap, make sure that the bolts are tightened evenly, gradually tightening each bolt instead of tightening down one corner then moving to the next. If after this check you still have a gap, place the plastic MAF body on a sheet of sand paper layed on a flat surface and check for trueness.
Thanks Warren!

Kustomz said:

The stock unit has an o-ring. Do you need to reuse that or just put the 2 flat pieces together?

Members online

Back