SCT Xcal2 rebate

So, it looks like you have to purchase the XCal2 first and then send back your old XCal for a $125 rebate. Doesn't seem like a bad deal! From what I've heard the new version is much better than the first generation XCal's. Anyone care to elaborate that has the newer version?

GrayGhost1 said:
So, it looks like you have to purchase the XCal2 first and then send back your old XCal for a $125 rebate. Doesn't seem like a bad deal! From what I've heard the new version is much better than the first generation XCal's. Anyone care to elaborate that has the newer version?

The new version promises to be a lot more intuitive and to be able to adjust tunes without a PC. I have a new one, but the firmware for all of the bells and whistles has not been released. The SCT site says the new firmware will be ready this month. Then all I have to do is check with Torrie to see if he has to make any adjustments to his tunes to allow the Xcal2 to do the adjustments.

Yeah from what I have read the tuners can enable cetain portions of thei tunes to be tweaked by the console rather than shipping the file back and forth also I recall theri will be some enhancment for the tool to read the data logged from the pcm so you do not have to transport the device and move the data to the laptop for review.

Sounds like they are making this a much more flexible tuner with the forthcoming updates. Flash the tune road test and adjust areas that the dealer opened up for you repeat till pefected.

Their usr forums ha a lot of great info on the updates moreso than the website is offeing.

Members online

Back