Sayin bye-bye to the LS.

slackjoebill

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My transmission recently screwed up and they wanted 2000.00 just to rebuild the transmission and around 4000.00 for a new one. To me that is an outrage. So im sayin bye-bye to the LS and getting what I had before, a 2001 Mustang GT. Not to down the LS, I have had two Mustangs and both of them put together didn't give me the trouble the LS has in the past 6 months and one of the Mustangs was a daily driver with 450 horsepower. Like I said before :L but when push comes to shove it just isnt worth it. This is the car Im looking at tell me what you think. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...advcd_on=y&doors=&fuel=&color=BLUE&cardist=24

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with your LS....but I can understand if you have problems like that that you want to go back to something you have not had any problem with.

The 'Stang you posted is nice. I like it....but it is what you want, not what other ppl think. It is your $$$ that is gonna buy it, upgrade it, mod it, and love it.....so you should like what you are gonna buy.......

Also, I hope you decide to stick around and show us what you decide on, and what upgrades you do to it......good luck with finding what you want, and getting it straight.
:Beer

I hate to hear about your problems with your LS. Your car was a first year model vehicle and had it's share of problems. I'm surprised with the transmission because that was one of the biggest complaints for that year. My druthers would have been a 2001-2002 LS. I did my research when I bought an opted for the 2001.

Good luck with the Mustang.

Don't sell it yet !!!!

Hello all ! I am new to the site and just purchased my 2nd LS. Loving it to say the least. In response to your post I have a question for you. Have you recently had a trans service done? I work for a Motorcraft Distributor in the Wah DC area and ALL owners of a FoMoCo car or truck with a 5R55N trans need to be aware of something. 2 months ago Ford handed down a memo stating that XT5QM trans fluid manufactured by CunocoPhillips has the WRONG FORMULA and will result in catastrophic trans failure. The easiest way to identify which one is which is the color of the bottle. The good stuff is a black bottle. The crap is an orange bottle. Obviously this will only apply to genuine Ford fluid. If you had a service with the wrong fluid then that might explain much. As of 11/29/04, all fluid from CunocoPhillips has the RE-formulated version. Thought you would like to know.

Brian

P.S. I know this is bending the rules slightly, but I have the hookup on genuine parts.
:L

Get the '05 Stang GT V8 Dude... Think Investment... Owning a first year Retro Classic!!!
Plus I want some feedback from somebody because I really want one...

slackjoebill said:
My transmission recently screwed up and they wanted 2000.00 just to rebuild the transmission and around 4000.00 for a new one. To me that is an outrage. So im sayin bye-bye to the LS and getting what I had before, a 2001 Mustang GT. Not to down the LS, I have had two Mustangs and both of them put together didn't give me the trouble the LS has in the past 6 months and one of the Mustangs was a daily driver with 450 horsepower. Like I said before :L but when push comes to shove it just isnt worth it. This is the car Im looking at tell me what you think. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...advcd_on=y&doors=&fuel=&color=BLUE&cardist=24

I understand. The Mustang is one very reliable car for sure. Have you driven a Bullitt? I would strongly suggest driving one before considering a standard GT, if you are buying used anyway. I drove a 2005 GT last Saturday. Nice car, but it still didn't feel as tight as the LS. I was surprised. I will be looking at a used one in a few years though. :) It did remind me of the Bullitt somewhat though. Tighter than the old GT, and much more low end torque.

No tranmission service has been done to the car in the six months I have had it. I have thought about getting the 05 Mustang GT, but I think that I like the 1999-2004 style better. Also I have test drove an 05 GT and you can barely feel the 40 extra horses from last year. The main thing I like about the 05s is the place of the shifter, it feels like its in just the right spot compared to previous years which always felt weird unless you have a after market shifter like a Steeda Tri-Ax. Another big up on the 05s is the independent rear suspension on the GTs and not just the Cobras.

My dealership must Rock!!!

I haven't really had any problems but when I went in to get it serviced at the Lincoln Dealership the other day they noticed a few things that needed attention. My suspensions bushings were going to hell, my ball joints were pretty nasty looking, and my right rear brake caliper wasn't working properly. So after going back to the Service dept. and making sure all these repairs were necessary I gave them the OK and asked what kind of bill I was looking at. Their answer...$0.00. That's right, not a damn thing. They said that Lincoln was picking up the tab... I didn't ask any questions after that all I know is :L :dancefool

slackjoebill said:
Also I have test drove an 05 GT and you can barely feel the 40 extra horses from last year.

Whoa....I did. Mainly the low-end torque improvement. I could feel the difference in the Bullitt also. I just was not impressed with the stock 99-04 GT. There is so much you can do with those cars though, it really doesn't matter. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back