!!!!!!Safety Warning!!!!!!!!!!!

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2001 V6, there is a "U" shaped connector that links the throttle cable to the throttle body arm. This "U" shaped piece has two clips that hold it. If the top clip comes off "mine did" the piece works its way off the throttle cable and you're stuck.

I was in heavy traffic when this occured. You still have impulse power from the engine idle that will get you off the road but no throttle.

I took a match book cover, punched a small hole in it and reset the piece to get the car home. :D

Additional information

OK, this piece links the cruise control. The little plastic sleeves have crumbed from the engine compartment heat, so the piece was free floating. the dealer wants $36 for this part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!:mad:

OK, this piece links the cruise control. The little plastic sleeves have crumbed from the engine compartment heat, so the piece was free floating. the dealer wants $36 for this part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!:mad:

Plastic is an oil by-product. Have you seen the cost of oil these days??

This is the best pic I can get of the retainer I told you about. P/N F5RZ-9F955-AB

Max

Last edited:
You da man Max!

The link is actually part of the throttle body. You must buy a new throttle body is what my dealer told me. So Max came thru with a part that works perfectly. You will need to shave off a fraction of its length but its easy if you have a dremel tool. Good as new again. Thanks Max :D

Members online

Back