Safety concerns?

Virtue

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a 2004-2005 used DeVille in a few months, except one thing is holding me back. I heard the newer ones are not really safe cars. In fact, didn't the 2003 DeVille only get one star by the NHTSA in the driver side frontal crash test?

I'm hoping someone can prove me wrong.

it probably did.

you dont want a caddy anyway.

get a comparable year towncar, then join us in the lincoln forum!

Check it out for yourself then make your decision. Lincoln has some models there are rated among the most unreliable cars when it comes to repairs. I don't know if the Towncar is among them.

The 2004 Deville received 4 out of 5 stars for safety in government crash tests, and was given 5 stars for roll over resistance. See the below link:

http://www.automotive.com/2004/12/cadillac/deville/safety/

Also, there are tabs/links on the above web page with other information about the Deville that you may be interested in.

MAC1 said:
Check it out for yourself then make your decision. Lincoln has some models there are rated among the most unreliable cars when it comes to repairs. I don't know if the Towncar is among them.

The 2004 Deville received 4 out of 5 stars for safety in government crash tests, and was given 5 stars for roll over resistance. See the below link:

http://www.automotive.com/2004/12/cadillac/deville/safety/

Also, there are tabs/links on the above web page with other information about the Deville that you may be interested in.

but how much oil does it leak.. from the factory?

Heres some Facts

2004 Cadillac DeVille $29,000-$37,000

Notable Features
• Northstar V-8 engines
• 300-hp V-8 in DTS
• Six-passenger capacity
• Available heated and cooled seats
• Available StabiliTrak stability control

Pros
+ Performance, especially of DTS
+ Automatic-transmission operation
+ Instruments
+ Quietness
+ Ride comfort

Cons
- Visibility
- Fuel economy in city
- Resale value

2004 Lincoln Town Car $26,000-$35,000

Notable Features
• 4.6-liter V-8
• RWD layout
• Body-on-frame construction
• Formal look

Pros
+ Interior space
+ Ride comfort
+ Five-star crash-test rating
+ Stability
+ Driving ease

Cons
- Brake performance
- Seat support
- Resale value
- Price
- Fuel economy

ehh, forget fuel economy, you dont buy a luxury car then complain about how much gas costs... leather,woodgrain,power,comfort, style,class... or a honda... take your pick.

Members online

No members online now.
Back