Running speaker wires

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Who has run their own speaker wire in the LS? I did this in my F-150 and my friend's Nissan and told myself I would not do it again. However, I have not yet taken the doors apart to see how hard/easy it would be on this car. I'd rather not pay $55-75 per amp to have this done if I can do it myself in less than 8 hours.

Please don't tell me to splice into the stock speaker wire or whatever, I know I do not want to do that, nor do I think that wire can handle the power I'll be sending.

TIA

Dave

Black03 said:
Who has run their own speaker wire in the LS? I did this in my F-150 and my friend's Nissan and told myself I would not do it again. However, I have not yet taken the doors apart to see how hard/easy it would be on this car. I'd rather not pay $55-75 per amp to have this done if I can do it myself in less than 8 hours.

Please don't tell me to splice into the stock speaker wire or whatever, I know I do not want to do that, nor do I think that wire can handle the power I'll be sending.

TIA

Dave
What kind of headunit are you going to use? stock or aftermarket? What are you planning to do in general? Give us some more information and we'll help out.........otherwise, this post is pretty vague.

Using the stock NAV HU, putting 2 amps in the trunk, a 2 channel powering some mids in the rear doors, and a 4 channel bridged powering my comps in the front doors.

I'll need to get a signal converter to go from the HU to my digital crossover, from which I will run RCA's to the amps. I may go some place to have that part done so I don't have to rip the dash apart to pull the HU. All the power/ground wiring will be real easy having the battery back there already.

What I really need to know is the degree of difficulty of getting speaker wire into the doors from the cab.

I would be interested in seeing how this turns out. The way Ford wires the factory NAV is very complicated and different than other head units. Let us know!

i ran new wires into my doors for my system. If you don't insatll for a living then it is not recommend to do your self.

I don't do it for a living but I know what I'm doing. I can get the wires in there, I'm just trying to decide if I want to take the time to do it.

Members online

Back