Ride height

MichiganTeddyBear

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I think my 91 rides too high in front, or too low in rear. The bags hold air, and if they leak its very minor. does anyone know the spec for the front and back, and where its measured from so I can adjust if needed?

we used to have a 91 she was a funny car very temperamental when it came to weather the front usually leveled up when we slammed the door shut i'd adivse you to go in the trunk and reset the airbag then slam your door shut see if that does the trick ;)

the ride height seems to settle in the same spot all the time. no funny changes. it seems to me that when its sitting still with ignition off (in the cars 'resting' state), the front ride height is about right for when its running. of course, when I start it, it rises in both front and back, but more in front. if I had some measurements for the ride height, I could confirm what position its supposed to be in.

My car is the same way and it's a 94. I don't know what it is sometimes they ride a little higher than usual and there is nothing wrong as far as I can tell. When you shut off the car and close the doors do you hear a hissing sound? I fyou do, it is a good thing that means the bags are leveling themselves. And it also means you probably don't have a ride height problem.

yea, it settles when I shut it off and get out. usually a lot (I am a big person). I was just wondering what the spec is, so I can check it.

Members online

Back