Ride and handling improvements for a CTS

dpkshafer

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an '06 CTS with the 2.8 liter and a 6 speed tranny, relatively fun to drive. My summer car is a Porsche Carrera Cabriolet so maybe there is no way I'll get too excited about the CTS.

Anyway, maybe it's the cold weather or the horrible condition of the roads in Northeast Ohio but I'm not satisfied with the ride and handling on my CTS this winter. The ride seems too soft and the handling seems to be very twitchy right now. Due to this condition there is a constant need for corrections to the steering even on curved sections of smooth roads.

Is anyone aware of any aftermarket or OEM modifications; suspension, wheels, shocks, etc.; that can be made to stiffen the ride and improve tracking. Thanks

I have an '06 CTS with the 2.8 liter and a 6 speed tranny, relatively fun to drive. My summer car is a Porsche Carrera Cabriolet so maybe there is no way I'll get too excited about the CTS.

Anyway, maybe it's the cold weather or the horrible condition of the roads in Northeast Ohio but I'm not satisfied with the ride and handling on my CTS this winter. The ride seems too soft and the handling seems to be very twitchy right now. Due to this condition there is a constant need for corrections to the steering even on curved sections of smooth roads.

Is anyone aware of any aftermarket or OEM modifications; suspension, wheels, shocks, etc.; that can be made to stiffen the ride and improve tracking. Thanks

Is anybody familiar with the sway bar and coil spring packages that are marketed by Hotchkis or Eibach? The springs are advertised to lower the car and improve handling, as are the sway bars. Does this simulate the FE-3 sport suspension package that GM sell?

Members online

No members online now.
Back