Replaced my engine. $800 used and shipped.

lookinglass

LVC Member
Reaction score
So i was on the forum about 2 months ago, replaced all the dreaded plastic cooling system junk... Well i developed a loud mechanical sound. Found a motor with 110k on ebay from a wrecked car. New engine is in and I'm back in biz. lol This car is so pretty. 90k on the odo, 110k on the motor. Glad it all worked out....

So i was on the forum about 2 months ago, replaced all the dreaded plastic cooling system junk... Well i developed a loud mechanical sound. Found a motor with 110k on ebay from a wrecked car. New engine is in and I'm back in biz. lol This car is so pretty. 90k on the odo, 110k on the motor. Glad it all worked out....
Wow. It cost me about 5 times as much to rebuild my 2001 V6.

Upper radiator hose just blew. Back to the shop... lol
Time to get all the cooling system parts replaced. All of them.

Mostly because you don't know the condition of the other cooling system parts on the replacement engine.

And try to find/use OEM parts.

Last edited:
A lot of coolant parts just went obsolete in the past year. Good luck. AF looks to be the only option.

I know a machinist of many talents, but it won't be cheap. He typically builds and works on custom "toys"... If you get my drift.

There is a guy on here that has already machined parts for the cooling system. But again... not cheap.

The upper hose wye from Dorman looks promising.

Most of the smaller diameter hoses can be made by a custom hose shop, with rubber on both ends... and bent swedged tubing in the middle.

You already have a "pattern" , using the old hose.

Members online

No members online now.
Back