Remote Starter Wiring Help Needed

kenehresman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum. Need to install a remote starter in the wifeys 94 VIII. ANyone have wiring diagrams they can post? I bought a crimestopper complete unit because it has the ability to interface with a stock keyless system. There is a input lead to the brain that when wired to the unlock, if you press unlock 3 times it senses the 3 pulses then triggers the box to start the engine. Any help would be appreciated...

I'm guessing I need to know about the door lock wiring, ignition wiring, and any anti-theft issues....

Thanks,
Ken

I install at least 150 starters a year, and would be happy to help you out, but i have one comment first: why on earth would you want the rs901? Think about it this way... Your stock keyless entry remotes have about 100ft of range. An average aftermarket unit (such as crimestoppers RS900) has over 1500 (line of sight). So, not only would you get 15 times the range, but you would also get two NEW remotes that will start/stop the vehicle, lock/unlock the doors, and pop the trunk!

If you can, i would recomend returning this unit, and purchasing a unit that comes with its own remotes. You will appreciate the extended range later, trust me.

I will post a list of colors and locations tomorrow when i can use my work computer.

Here is the link to the page that I posted way back in March with the wiring codes, and some other info for the Mark VIII. If you need any specific help with it, you can email me or inbox me here......hope that helps!

1wykdmk8 said:
Here is the link to the page that I posted way back in March with the wiring codes, and some other info for the Mark VIII. If you need any specific help with it, you can email me or inbox me here......hope that helps!
is there any way i can do the remote start withour giving up a key?

My stock anti-theft box burned up yesterday, and to disconnect due to shorting.

Is this a common issue ?

Now the decision is whether to replace the stock anti-theft device or to go after market. I guess I will have to look at price..

I have never heard of the stock unit burning up before.

I have an extra stock anti-theft module and I have an extraremote keyless entry module, both from a 93 (should be the same for the 94). If you need either one or both let me know....I will give you a really good price.

I would add an aftermarket alarm as well (just my preference). I can get you a Viper 560XV (same one I have and it has a remote start feature as well) for a great price.

1wykdmk8 said:
I have never heard of the stock unit burning up before.

I have an extra stock anti-theft module and I have an extraremote keyless entry module, both from a 93 (should be the same for the 94). If you need either one or both let me know....I will give you a really good price.

I would add an aftermarket alarm as well (just my preference). I can get you a Viper 560XV (same one I have and it has a remote start feature as well) for a great price.

What is the price difference in the two ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have both for $45 including shipping, or either one for $25 including shipping.....sound good?

1wykdmk8 said:
You can have both for $45 including shipping, or either one for $25 including shipping.....sound good?

Check PM's for details...

ERIC1 said:
is there any way i can do the remote start withour giving up a key?

Crimestopper FD-TB4 bypass module. You will need TWO valid keys for programming, the module has its own Transponder chip.

Members online

No members online now.
Back