Reason For Sub Seperation?

klutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Infinity Pefect 12VQ's in the trunk of my Town Car. This is the second time I have had this problem first was in the winter, The problem is the surround becomes detached from the cone I thought maybe it was the heat but the sub still works fine and I had this happen before in the winter as I said above. I am not complaining because I love these subs and Infinity has been good to me and replaces them under warranty I am just trying to find the cause to see if I can prevent this from happening in the future. I have attached a picture so you all can see what I mean any help is appreciated

Subwoofer_small.jpg

Probably just a bad connection to the cone. The adhesive has to be real strong to keep the surround attached to the cone. The sub is moving in and out about an average of 100 times per second. If the bond isn't up to the challenge, it will separate. Also, louder volumes put even more stress on the bond.

klutch said:
I have a pair of Infinity Pefect 12VQ's in the trunk of my Town Car. This is the second time I have had this problem first was in the winter, The problem is the surround becomes detached from the cone I thought maybe it was the heat but the sub still works fine and I had this happen before in the winter as I said above. I am not complaining because I love these subs and Infinity has been good to me and replaces them under warranty I am just trying to find the cause to see if I can prevent this from happening in the future. I have attached a picture so you all can see what I mean any help is appreciated

A similar matter was discussed here:
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/13645.html

Try using some clear nail polish to fix it.

Thanks but mine doesn't have a hole and I am not trying to fix it, it's under warranty so they will replace it was looking for a way to prevent it

Members online

No members online now.
Back