rear suspension help

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i know this may sound stupid, but i had a coil conv done, everything is cool, but after looking at my rear set up, did i have shocks on top of the air ride shocks in the rear?, i guess i never thought to look or notice,i feel stupid, also i noticed my sway bar is broken, stupid hollow bar, where would i look for shocks and mounts for, model numbers and all, also what size sway bars will work, will mustang ones work?....please post all answers,links, and the like , i need some help, also if you are wondering why i didn't notice , while doing the spring swap, well......uuuuhhhhmmmmm , i took it to a shop and had it done( i bought the kit), i just didn't have the help or a good selection of tools at the time....I do , do most of my own work now though,please help, thanks in advance! :Beer

Well you can buy dirt cheap (under $30 a pop) monroe Sensatrac (spelling) shocks from your local autoparts store. They are for the T-Bird (let them you want rear shocks for a 95 T bird) but they will fit the mark and there are no probs with using them, direct bolt on. Shock mounts can be had from Ford parts network.... will run you about $35 a pop. Sway bar can be had from here

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/addco/

maxmk8 said:
Well you can buy dirt cheap (under $30 a pop) monroe Sensatrac (spelling) shocks from your local autoparts store. They are for the T-Bird (let them you want rear shocks for a 95 T bird) but they will fit the mark and there are no probs with using them, direct bolt on. Shock mounts can be had from Ford parts network.... will run you about $35 a pop. Sway bar can be had from here

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/addco/
again this may be a stupid question, are the shocks seperate from the coil over strut i have, they kinda look like they are to the outside of the coilover where the air strut was....is this right or is this imagination, also i only need two right? one for each side....thanks in advance :facesjump :L

viiiball said:
again this may be a stupid question, are the shocks seperate from the coil over strut i have, they kinda look like they are to the outside of the coilover where the air strut was....is this right or is this imagination, also i only need two right? one for each side....thanks in advance :facesjump :L

Coil over strut should be upfront... in the back its springs (coils) and separte shocks that you can see in your wheel well.

maxmk8 said:
Coil over strut should be upfront... in the back its springs (coils) and separte shocks that you can see in your wheel well.
thank you............. :Beer now i need shocks and mounts!, then we should be in good shape! :dj:

www.supercoupeperformance.com sway bar
five star ford for cobra shocks(real stiff) and shock mounts

im doing the same to my car as we speek 276.00 for all, thats good. you dont want to know what lincoln chages for them, or you could go the t-bird way to it also works. plus the sway bar was 150.00.

you should also check you ball joints at this time, mine are ok but they will need attn soon

Eric

Members online

No members online now.
Back