Radio installation???????

BigBoiLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i just bout a deck form best buy and they charge extra for installation fee if i got an amp. i have an 01 sport w/o amp and sub he said he would have to check it out. does any one know if i got an amp for my ls w/ alpine 6 disc.

BigBoiLS said:
i just bout a deck form best buy and they charge extra for installation fee if i got an amp. i have an 01 sport w/o amp and sub he said he would have to check it out. does any one know if i got an amp for my ls w/ alpine 6 disc.

lay in your trunk and look up, there should be one there.. alpine 6disk in dash?

its not hard to install if you have an amp, install it yourself... learn something new...

i dont know how to take my stock one out. i'm 19 this is my first car. i was into imports at first i'm the only asian kid i know driving a lincoln. but what can i say when i test drove it i loved it. its the sport model i checked my trunk theres no amp but i might go to Fry's in houston sat for my install. i got the alpine deck that hooks up to my i-pod(cda-9855). i tried reading the installation directions but damn it just shows pictures w/ wires leading everywhere.

BigBoiLS said:
i dont know how to take my stock one out. i'm 19 this is my first car. i was into imports at first i'm the only asian kid i know driving a lincoln. but what can i say when i test drove it i loved it. its the sport model i checked my trunk theres no amp but i might go to Fry's in houston sat for my install. i got the alpine deck that hooks up to my i-pod(cda-9855). i tried reading the installation directions but damn it just shows pictures w/ wires leading everywhere.

From now on Im asking everyone 21 and younger WHERE'D YOU GET THE MONEY TO BUY A LINCOLN LS?? :Bang . Anyway Im not sure but I think the amp is covered by the trunk lid. I have an 04 and I know it has an amp but Ive never seen it. If you have something else to drive then you should try iinstalling yourself. If not then go ahead and pay the little extra.

BigBoiLS said:

To get the radio out:
Pull out the top a/c vents.
Pull off the wood grain around the ash tray.
Take out the 2 7mm bolts that hold the ash tray in.
Pull the ash tray out
There are 2 8mm bolts at the bottom of the ac and 2 8mm bolts at the top of the radio. Pull thoes out.
Radio and a/c controlers should come out.

???????

where did you find the after market wire harness adapter and the face plate to fit the lincoln LS?

Dartastic said:
From now on Im asking everyone 21 and younger WHERE'D YOU GET THE MONEY TO BUY A LINCOLN LS?? :Bang . Anyway Im not sure but I think the amp is covered by the trunk lid. I have an 04 and I know it has an amp but Ive never seen it. If you have something else to drive then you should try iinstalling yourself. If not then go ahead and pay the little extra.
LOL IM 20 and I bough mine last Nov Its called good credit and good job My dad is co-signed but with my name first bank said i need more credit history Im like 18 starts the credit history and im 20 so..... :Beer dont hate it just show that you have a youthfull taste (LOL my mom says I have old man taste) :L she loves her vette :N I HATE IT I would rather have the LS ANY DAY

how do i pull out the ac vents and the woodgrain around my ashtry. are there held in by clips and if they are how easy are they to break. cause if i do it and break my clips i'ma be pissed. i tend to break clips alot on my friends honda.

SilverLS said:
LOL IM 20 and I bough mine last Nov Its called good credit and good job My dad is co-signed but with my name first bank said i need more credit history Im like 18 starts the credit history and im 20 so..... :Beer dont hate it just show that you have a youthfull taste (LOL my mom says I have old man taste) :L she loves her vette :N I HATE IT I would rather have the LS ANY DAY

You have great taste!! Ive been with my company going on 21 years and I just turned 39 so I dont hate on those that started out young. Congrats and hope all goes well with the LS.

I'm 21 and I just bought my LS...

02 v8. Gettin some great deals in Florida.

yeah i allready liked the car then i got a deal on it so i bought it. now my brother(21) likes my car and is planning on purchasing an LS. and i bumped into one of my friends(19) i went to high school with and he bought a black 01 LS w/lse kit and powdercoated rims. i asked him about how much the kit cost him he said it came w/ it lucky bastard.

Members online

Back