Quick Help Please!

klutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of bit I need to get the rear calipers off on a 1993 Lincoln Town Car? it has discs in the rear, help please!

star tool

Hi Klutch, I have just done this new rotors and ceramics all around, the rear was a star tool size T-45. and the other was a T-40. so just buy them both it is an old car and who knows how many times they have been replaced. Also the fronts was a socket 11/16.
93 T/C Exec.

mike2755us said:
Hi Klutch, I have just done this new rotors and ceramics all around, the rear was a star tool size T-45. and the other was a T-40. so just buy them both it is an old car and who knows how many times they have been replaced. Also the fronts was a socket 11/16.
93 T/C Exec.

I tried the T-45 Star shaped one when you say the other was a T-40 was it star shaped also? or Hex? because I think mine are Hex but its a pain because I can't actually reach back there and see. I have been to 3-4 auto parts stores none seem to know what I need :Bang

Like mike2755us said it`s a star bit i have never seen one with a hex of a any ford product i`v ever worked on it`s ethier a T-45 or the next size down i just did mike2755us barkes and the driver`s side was T-45 passenger side was next size down i hope this helps

:gr_hail: Thank you both I had been struggling on this ALL DAY now I can finally do it. :yourock:

klutch said:
:gr_hail: Thank you both I had been struggling on this ALL DAY now I can finally do it. :yourock:

Your welcome if you have any more problems just post it by the way when you put the pads on watch the clip on the outside pad some times it don`t go on right the first time

Members online

No members online now.
Back