Question: Why Don't Conti Owners Mod Their Cars?

napoleon1072

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
now I look at the Mark 8, Town Car, and Ls forums alot and i'm always wondering how come their isn't any real modding going on with the contis?

well, noone really does engine mods cause the FWD trans is kinda weak, and there's not really a stronger replacement(and i don't think anyone wants to drop $2000 on a stronger Jasper rebuilt one)...

i mod mine a little bit...

i already added aftermarket head unit/amp/speakers, an remote start/lock/trunk system(my conti came without a remote fob and a whole system was about the same price)

i have some mods planned for my 94 this summer
-SHO swaybars
-Console/bucket seats/floor shifter(its a bench w/ a column shifter now)
-cat back exhaust
-subs(to complete my system)

the conti isn't really a highly "modable", there's some aftermarket things we can use from the Taurus SHO, but alot of what's out there would not be appropriate on our cars(cowl hoods, ground effects, spoilers, A-pillar gauge pods, etc. etc.)

I understand completely what you mean by it isn't as modable as some other vehicles but being 20 and the fact that I like to mod cars and stand out I thought the Conti a perfect fit. My families always been into Contis and my 97 is the first one i've ever modded and I really like the fact that whatever I do to it I know that I wont find another around here like it.

BTW KET like I said on another post I saw a 94 here it was white and had a Custom Grille on it similar to the rolls royce grilles that people put on their cadillacs. Maybe it's something you'd want to look into??

I think I've seen the grille you're talking about on a towncar, it would look good on a 89-94, but i like the exterior on mine, the only thing i might do is switch back to a 94 bumper(i needed one quick after a crash and could only find a 91 in white). pretty much after the mods listed, the conti is done with mods(save for a few small things here and there). Before Fall I'm going to try to pick up a tbird or cougar to work on while going to school for automotive.

as previously stated, there is not a lot of things you can mod on the conti's, without getting into real expensive rework to make it survive.

The 95-newer conti's probably have more mod appeal than the 88-94's (the essex's were notoriously weak in every aspect), and the newer body style of the 95-ups lends itself to more body mod's in my opinion than the very boxy look of the essex's.

Pre 88 were most likely Fox chassis's, and a fair amount of mechanical and drive train work can be done to these, as they are rock solid for the most part. but again, a pretty boxy body style.

Besides, I like mine the way it is (bone stock!)

I would like a-pillor pods for my volt meter n maybe a transmission temp gauge.

people build the heck out of CTS-Vs. they just aren't on this website.
this website is predominantly lincoln owners for whatever reason.
find a caddy forum, they'll have more activity.

Members online

Back