Question about center console

flaballaz04

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyboby knew if i could change the 2000 LS center console to the 2001-2004 style. I am pretty sure you can but if anybody knows how please let me know because i really hate those pop out cupholders and they dont even hold bottles and they arent deep enough for the cupholder ipod holder i bought.

Thanks
-Dennis

I don't think you can do it because of the parking brake. Later models have an electric parking brake switch.

You may be able to get it to work, but you will get plenty of custom work, Cutting, gluing, and mabie some fiberglass work to tie it all in. It depends on how much work it is worth.

flaballaz04 said:
I was just wondering if anyboby knew if i could change the 2000 LS center console to the 2001-2004 style. I am pretty sure you can but if anybody knows how please let me know because i really hate those pop out cupholders and they dont even hold bottles and they arent deep enough for the cupholder ipod holder i bought.

Thanks
-Dennis

Dennis,

You can change out your 2000 "flip" style center console for a 2001-2002 version without any modifications. It's a direct fit. However, the 2003-2004 center consoles will not fit the 2000-2002 LS's without major modification. The 2003-2004 models incoporated the electronic emergency brake unlike the manual style from previous years.

Check on eBay for a center console or contact Torrie at Ford Parts Network. His email address is torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com. Torrie can get you one a lot cheaper than the dealer. However, it's probably still going to be expensive new.

Ken

Do you have a pic of the '01-'02 console? I thought there were only two versions: '00-'02 and '03+.

I dont have a picture but it i different. The 2000 has the flip cup holders and the 2001 has holes for the cups

Lincoln made a design change for the 2001-2002 model LS because the cup holders in the 2000 were too small. Below is a picture of the difference. Of course it changed again in 2003 due to the electronic e-brake.

console difference.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back