pulling door keypad code from forscan?

BDog21

LVC Member
Reaction score
so ive been looking for my door code ever since i got my LS cuz it didnt come with the card with the number on it. Messing around in forscan for android is see if i go to dashboard and look thru the driver door module optoins available, one of them is "keypad_code" or something like that, and then i hit play on the dashboard it pops up a 5 digit number. so i was pretty excited that i had finally found my door code. but i go to try it out, doesnt work. so thenm after doing some digging, now i notice on the dashboard something that just says "door_keypad" and when i hit play, it says OFF. tried pushing buttons at that point thinking maybe pushing a button would "wake it up" or something, but nope. then i realized, that if im outside the car, the interior lights are supposed to come on when i push buttons on the keypad with all the doors closed. no lights come on, also no back light on the keypad. so it almost seems as if its been disabled somehow? is there a way to enable it? pretty sure theres no way i can do that thru forscan for android

It used to be that the PC based version did way more than the Android one. I don't know if it still has any more features than the newer Android versions.
Also, it's possible that your keypad itself has failed. Sometimes the rubber membrane tears and lets water in and the corrosion kills it.

I was wondering if maybe that was the case, that the keypad had just failed. Or that there was some kind of fault somewhere in that system causing it not to function

ok so i could access that "keypad_code" from the screen where i can choose sensor data to show on the android app, but that 5 digit code didnt work. i tried with the full program on my laptop, and that sensor data thing shows the same code, but then theres one of the service functions that says "read factory keyless entry door code" or something like that, and that returned a different 5 digit code. that code DID work to unlock the dootrs and all other functions froim the keypad!

Members online

No members online now.
Back