problem with arnott

calipso-l

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello
I got 90's Linncoln continental sig. 1990. It is on the air suspention.

Recentely I've ordered two rear struts from arnott.
During installation I found that there are no connectors on the upper side of the strus to connect the sensor of rigididy ( I do not know what's it called correctly in english)....

I would like to know anybody else ever had such a problem?

Thank you

heh unfortunately I cant speak english fluently enough to call end expalain details.

I send a letter to them, but there is no answer yet... we got a considerable time differece.

Moscow... here we still have some old lincolns, and the only one is for parts here :)
it is impossible to buy something for air suspention here. I tried to order struts here through any kind of a Lincoln servece, they asked me 1100 usd for 1 strut!!!! Its to expensive for poor Lincoln owner :D

From Moscow? That's like what, 2000 Rubles a minute? :lol:

Oh Boy Frogman just started the Cold War all over again:cool: ... Damn Yankee...:p

At least he didn't say use the search option...:D

I agree that you should first call Arnott. And if you fail there...

Call Eddie at American Air Suspension and he'll tell you what they didn't...

heh unfortunately I cant speak english fluently enough to call end expalain details.

I send a letter to them, but there is no answer yet... we got a considerable time differece.

Moscow... here we still have some old lincolns, and the only one is for parts here :)
it is impossible to buy something for air suspention here. I tried to order struts here through any kind of a Lincoln servece, they asked me 1100 usd for 1 strut!!!! Its to expensive for poor Lincoln owner :D

Call Eddie and see what he's got for you for the conversion or send him an e-mail he will answer you back quickly... He's a great guy and offers great service.

Ok I will try to call if there will be no answer.

Very strange struts they send me. For the first they do blow off about 30 minutes after I stop the engine. Im not sure but this may be coused by old solenoids.
And they are knocking while driving. So that I'm driving not a Lincoln but looks like a farmers waggon.

Any body knows is it coused by that sensors?

I recently replaced the rear struts on my 91. The electronic items at the top of the strut are for the electronic shock damping control. the ride control computer will either stiffen or soften the damping of the strut depending on many other inputs (speed, rate of change of the steering, rate of change of the ride height (from bumps) just to name a few). the replacement struts may not have the electronic control.

the knocking maybe as simple as a sway bar mount either broken, or pulled out of the pocket that one end tucks into in the frame. that happened to me, and I got a terrible knocking whenever I hit a bump. it wont hurt anything, just noisy as hell, and the ride suffers some (lots more body lean). You can see the mount easily, just follow the swaybar, and where it crosses the frame, thats where the mount is. one on each side.

Other than that cause for knocking, I dont know, unless something didnt get installed properly.

it is normal for the ride computer to control the ride height by either venting or filling for up to 1 hr after the ignition is turned off. by 'blowing off' do you mean its dropping all the way down? or just lowering a little bit? the parked height is slightly lower than the height when the car is running.

Ок I recived an answer from arnott, they said that their struts have different from ford's dumping system, so their struts do not have contacts for shock
sensors.
Chineese...if I could only know I wouldn't buy them....

The knocking noise goes from the upper side of the strut, not from sway bar.

It is dropping all the way down. At all. And only the rear suspention

ok, upper portion of the strut. have you double checked the 3 fasteners in the trunk that hold the top of the strut to the car?? maybe they came loose and are allowing some movement. Also, was there a rubber or foam part that went between the strut and the body of the car?? did that get installed corrrectly? That is to isolate some noises and vibrations from the car.

Hi

That was the first to check how evething is bolted in the trunk.

Bushing Kit Rear Strut, there was too, but I'm not shure all the rubbers at their places and in good conditions. Do you know how many rabbers got to be on the one strut? I saw only one. I will check them and try to buy new kit.

If I remember correctly (its been awhile) there should be a rubber isolator at each of the 3 studs on the strut. one on top, one below. These are very similar to normal shock bushings, but there are 3 of them. I do know, there is rubber at the top of all 3 studs, but not 100% certain of the underside. By top, I mean the part accessible from inside the trunk. Underside (below) would be the area accessible from the wheel well.

The only other places there are rubber bushings in that area are the rubber bushings on the sway bar link. again, at each end, 2 bushings, one above, one below where they connect.

Members online

No members online now.
Back