pre 1996 ABS diagnostic procedures

lincolnjlincoln2

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an ABS light on a 1991 TC, does anyone have any advice on how to diagnose the issue, how to pull codes? I've noticed the light doesn't immediately come on but as soon as I start moving it light up like the 4th of July. I haven't paid attention to whether or not it does it at 14mph, I'm leaning towards a speed sensor but I'm not in the market to play the parts game.

I'm sorry, but it has been a long time since I had a 91, and I don't remember all the details. I think there is a diagnostic connector under the hood on the driver's side, near the front wheel. As best I can recall, there is a pin on that connector that you short to another pin on a much smaller connector near it. Once done, it will then flash out diagnostic codes using the ABS light in the cluster. It would be worth it I think to search eBay to see if anyone is selling the 91 TC shop manuals.

I'm sorry, but it has been a long time since I had a 91, and I don't remember all the details. I think there is a diagnostic connector under the hood on the driver's side, near the front wheel. As best I can recall, there is a pin on that connector that you short to another pin on a much smaller connector near it. Once done, it will then flash out diagnostic codes using the ABS light in the cluster. It would be worth it I think to search eBay to see if anyone is selling the 91 TC shop manuals.
Thank you for your reply, I haven’t as of yetFound the issue but as soon as my truck is finished with its repairs the ole girl is headed in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back