Powerheads Racing

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
http://www.powerheads.com/

My machinist finished assembling the new shortblock today, and called me with a few disturbing facts. Powerheads is using a belt sander to surface the heads. A BELT SANDER! For an MLS gasket application! Good thing my machinist has the hardware to give the heads the smooth surface an MLS gasket needs.

Then, to make matters worse, the powerheads invoice claims a .450 lift, but according my my man, the springs are bound up at .400 lift.

Powerheads claims to use Ferrea valves, but they are not laser etched with the part number like all the other ferrea valves he's seen. He can't categorically say they are not ferrea SS valves though.

This does not sit well with me, especially after spending $3000+ for the headwork.

Stay away from those people, they obviously don't know WTF they are doing.

That is all.

A power sander for surfacing? What do they use for porting, a chainsaw? Sorry to hear that. It sucks to hear when someone spends so much money and gets burned in the end...

An LS guy here. But this has nothing to do with Lincoln's. It really sucks to hear that Powerheads did such a crappy job. I was planning on using them to port my 69 Mustang's heads. According to their site they can do wonders with the factory heads (wanted to keep thigs as orginal as possible on the outside) Guess I'll have to find someone else to do them now. Thanks for the warning frogman.

That's hard to belive, as least the image I get of a beltsander, but I have to suspect it most be some High tech, High percison device.... :confused:

TheRebel: good Idear.

Brozly: It may be hard to believe, but what can I tell ya? That was the first thing my machinist noticed. He's not charging me to fix the surfacing problem, so I know he's not out to charge me for frivilous work. Besides, he knows better than to do that.

Ok, I invison something like a Craftsman hand sander, but I have seen a few machine shops with large industrial belt sanders that actually are quite accurate..., so it may not be quite as bad as it sounds.... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back